Plastic trim replacement parts - 70 M20F

I am doing a partial interior refurbishment.  I'm revitalizing most of the plastic trim pieces but a few would be easier to buy from Vantage Plane Plastics.   My plane is a 1970 M20F.   A couple of the hat rack and baggage area pieces are not available for the 20F but I've found them for a 65 M20E.   

The pieces look similar but I am curious if anyone else has used prior model parts and had success with that.

Thanks,

Chris

Just now, Chris Briley said:

I am doing a partial interior refurbishment.  I'm revitalizing most of the plastic trim pieces but a few would be easier to buy from Vantage Plane Plastics.   My plane is a 1970 M20F.   A couple of the hat rack and baggage area pieces are not available for the 20F but I've found them for a 65 M20E.   

The pieces look similar but I am curious if anyone else has used prior model parts and had success with that.

Thanks,

Chris

I've used other year's (at least according to PlanePlastic's website) parts on my 69E and they've been fine so far.  Usually if the picture looks correct, it's the right part, at least in my experience with them.

55 minutes ago, Chris Briley said:

Thanks Hank.  I wondered where the 10" increase is located for the 20F and didn't want to assume it was all from the rear seat forward.   

It's split between back seat legroom and baggage space. 5" went to each area.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 10:33 AM, Chris Briley said:

Thanks,

Chris

Plane Plastics web site could use some work.  I've had to look across all the models to find something that will fit.  I'm not convinced the drawings are correct or the parts are assigned to the correct models or years.  With that said, I've had good success with their parts after significant trimming and fitting.  I've bought one part that appears to have been the wrong one (front left interior panel) and one that I didn't really like using because it was too different from the original (fuel selector valve cover).  I appreciate them giving us an option for new parts though. 

Edited by DCarlton