Static plugs

RobertGary1

Does anyone use anything to plug up their static ports on the ground? Never had this issue in 20 years but for some reason the place I'm parked now every time it rains I get water in my static system. I spend 10 minutes pushing the button to drain it out. Maybe a little suction up over the vents?

There are a few solution in Spruce but the reviews are all very bad.

-Robert

Suction cups must be a challenge to get to work... on a two port system like many Mooneys have...  :)

Plus... inducing a vacuum or pressure to the system might be hazardous to your sensitive altimeter...

Are you getting a lot of wind to go with that?

Around here, windy rainy days are the only time we expect to see moisture getting into the static ports...

See if Bruce’s covers has something for that...    a brightly colored belt that would wrap around the fuselage, with a buckle and springiness that would keep the wind away might work well... adjustable... easy to remember... and not hazardous to things attached to the static system...

PP thoughts only, I have only see a video of somebody emptying their static system after a heavy rain... 201er...

Best regards,

-a-