Autopilots for 61-64 Mooney M20C’s?

JTO

Have a 63 M20C with dual G5’s, and dual 430’s, gad29, gmu11, and just waiting for the gfc 500 to be certified for vintage Mooneys. I’m getting worried it won’t ever happen, and the Mooney PC system isn’t stable. Keep waiting or pack it in and go with something like the S-Tec 30?  Thoughts?

Welcome aboard JTO...

There are probably a few threads around here with thoughts about every possible version of every possible AP...

If you are skilled with the Google...   that works super well...

If you need... the search function here also works...

If its late, and you are looking for a long conversation...  this one is a lot better than that flaps/no flaps LOP take-off the other guys like to talk about through the dark hours...

my thoughts...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=S-Tec 30&quick=1

The Brittain has many followers... many get fixed to continue to soldier on... search for that too...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks for the responses, love the Mooney and have been using it on longer and longer IFR cross country flights. I guess I’ll just keep waiting with fingers crossed for the gfc500 and keep scanning intently while flying. 

10 hours ago, JTO said:

Thanks for the responses, love the Mooney and have been using it on longer and longer IFR cross country flights. I guess I’ll just keep waiting with fingers crossed for the gfc500 and keep scanning intently while flying. 

Equipped with a Brittain Accutrak II, which follows magenta lines flawlessly, I hold altitude in our M20C and navigate while scanning less than intently.