Mooney Bravo Plane Plastic

PilotX

As I continue my foray into interior renovation, I have not found replacement plane plastics. Are the front plastics the same in the 1990K and M? 

Might go the AeroComfort interior (planning yoke and glare shield) in the future but initially prep/paint is the plan but if I break something I need to have a source to fix it. Found some u-channel and matching color screws through Jaeger. Also have some old wool-like covering on the kick panels, might try to recover in leather. Could be exciting if I can match it.

2 hours ago, PilotX said:

As I continue my foray into interior renovation, I have not found replacement plane plastics. Are the front plastics the same in the 1990K and M? 

Might go the AeroComfort interior (planning yoke and glare shield) in the future but initially prep/paint is the plan but if I break something I need to have a source to fix it. Found some u-channel and matching color screws through Jaeger. Also have some old wool-like covering on the kick panels, might try to recover in leather. Could be exciting if I can match it.

I started to try and do that and when I saw what one panel looked like i decided to talked them to Hector at Aero Comfort. If possible, do it once and do it right, never look back.

2 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

I started to try and do that and when I saw what one panel looked like i decided to talked them to Hector at Aero Comfort. If possible, do it once and do it right, never look back.

I didn't plan this out I just kept pulling panels so I will probably be stuck with just the yoke and glare shield a the moment. I found the matching ultra leather which will allow me to do the baggage compartment and kick panels. I will ask Hector if he can do the headliner when I get the other parts out. Should be able to fly with the headliner removed. I should have just left everything in place. No call from Avionics yet so I guess they figured everything out.

• 1 year later...

My glare shield has cracks by the compass and unsightly. Did you do yours? Any pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hector will make it look like new, covered in faux black leather to match your future yokes.
if you can search on here, there are lots of past pictures of his glareshield work. you’ll be very impressed and pleased.

i mailed him mine and my seats. you can even more easily mail him plastic to repair and cover.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, drstephensugiono said:

Your dash set up and glare shield is absolutely gorgeous

Thank you - here are the before pictures.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/711nx827qazfbrr/IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.5bc9cd866d089840e307d0758795cd94.JPG?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh9o337503e21lb/IMG_0310.thumb.JPG.7424735ce6ebc48b44be4a189e5eff2f.JPG?dl=0

it's my pattern to get things just the want I want them before I sell them and start the process all over again . . lol

Thank you - here are the before pictures.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/711nx827qazfbrr/IMG_0312.thumb.JPG.5bc9cd866d089840e307d0758795cd94.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xh9o337503e21lb/IMG_0310.thumb.JPG.7424735ce6ebc48b44be4a189e5eff2f.JPG?dl=0

it's my pattern to get things just the want I want them before I sell them and start the process all over again . . lol

That’s what my dash looks like now!
What U spent on your avionics and upgrade?

6 hours ago, drstephensugiono said:

That’s what my dash looks like now! emoji22.png
What U spent on your avionics and upgrade?

I try not to think about that .. lol

I was patient and bought some items used and did it in phases, which I do not recommend. It is better to plan it out carefully and just do it all at once, much less labor to not have to tear everything apart 2-3 times. But to answer your question, all included, I had about $70,000 into the panel upgrades. It would be considerably more now I believe. I started it back in late 2015 before a lot of the newer options were available.