Other Brands: TB30 Epsilon

Seth

Today at ESN (Easton, MD) when dropping off the Missile for it's IFR certs, not 1, 2, or 3, but 6 TB30's landed and later departed along with a T-34.

The TB30 is a military trainer (and some are actually armed). These I think were all from the former French Air Force. I know I saw three at Oshkosh in 2019, but this is the largest gaggle of TB30's I've ever seen in my life. I'll post some basic pictures I took of them parked on the ramp.

Has anyone in here flown a TB30? If so, how does it compare to other military trainers?

I'm pretty sure it is has a Lycoming TSIO540. It's wings are short - 26 feet, and noticeably short compared to the size of the aircraft (in my opinion). I guess that helps with roll rate, speed, and handling to better train for faster heavier jets.

Thanks,

-Seth

• 2 weeks later...