Mooney M22 for sale

Yves

I am looking for a new home for my Mooney M22.  Aircraft based in Australia but fitted with necessary fuel line to add ferry tank. 

Excellent condition. Always been hangared. 150 hr since complete overhaul of the TIO 541 A1A engine.  1600 hr TT. 

Two Nav/Comm.  King 525a system with HSI and slaved compass. JPI EDM 900 engine monitoring system installed as primary. Garmin 330 GTX ES transponder.

Please contact me if interested.  

IMG_8177.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8195.jpg

IMG_8199.jpg

IMG_8203.jpg

IMG_8204.jpg

• Like 12

Hello, 

I do not have a photo of the fifth seat but is a small seat more for a children than an adult.  I most of the time keep it removed to store luggages. 

Please find a photo with the passenger door open. It opens by folding it up.

IMG_8180.jpg

• Like 5

Wow!! That’s a work of art!

I love the story told of Ralph Harmon ( creator of the M22) exclamating he should have designed the fuselage more rounded, as he witnessed multiple rivets pop out during the first pressurization test.

Subsequently, more bulkheads were added in order to prevent less fuselage expansion when pressurized.

You’ve got such a beautiful unique aircraft !

One more little tidbit of M22 information........ during our visit of the factory test cell, there was a left over Mustang wing stored there.

As we studied the wing assembly with landing gear, the late Mike Miles informed us that at one point, Mooney engineers seriously considered incorporating the M22 gear into the M20’s....... the rest is history.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello

i tried to send you a mail to tell you my interest I am in Europe. I flew2 times a M22. It is magic. I own and fly 2 Pitts which are also piece of history. The M22 has been one of my top 3 planes to own and fly after the pitts (sorry)  

As you know to bring her back to Europe will be an expensive job (ferry, avionics upgrade and EASA cert) but I promesse i will take care of her like I do with my Pitts the last 10 + years 
I am a serious buyer. What is your price ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/21/2021 at 6:32 PM, Yves said:

Hello Django, 

thank you for your interest in the Mooney M22.  I have sent you a message on your account.  

Please let those of us who lust after her know if she makes it to Europe or US…or wherever!

• Like 1

I will let you know.....  so far a lot of interest but no commitment or at very low price. I am looking at flying the M22 to New Zealand where I will residing for the next couple of years....  :)   I am happy to consider serious offer but it needs to be sensible and fair for the condition of the aircraft and the money I spent to keep it as it is.  

• Like 2