Co-pilot seat adjustment bar

Hopsl

Does anyone have a part number and or know where to buy the seat adjustment bar for the passenger seat on an 87 M20J? Looks like someone stepped on ours, many times, and it's now keeping the pins from seating deep enough in the tracks.

63786356798__72539780-4526-4E9D-B1FC-5F06F9F6A2CA.heic

thanks for any help

Edited by Hopsl

On 3/19/2021 at 1:48 PM, Hopsl said:

Does anyone have a part number and or know where to buy the seat adjustment bar for the passenger seat on an 87 M20J? Looks like someone stepped on ours, many times, and it's now keeping the pins from seating deep enough in the tracks.

63786356798__72539780-4526-4E9D-B1FC-5F06F9F6A2CA.heic 1.75 MB · 22 downloads

thanks for any help

I'm having the same issue too. How does the bar prevent the pins from seating?

When the seat is full aft, the pins are riding on the top of the seat track. In that position, they hold the adjustment bar slightly elevated. Where the pins attach to the bar now becomes the fulcrum or pivot point for any down pressure on the front of that bar. If the bar is slightly bent around that fulcrum, the pins are held slightly high when seated in the tracks. Once the bar is repaired or replaced, a fix for this would be to drill holes in the track, at the full aft position, so the pins would be fully seated and the seat locked to the rear. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/21/2021 at 3:19 PM, Hopsl said:

When the seat is full aft, the pins are riding on the top of the seat track. In that position, they hold the adjustment bar slightly elevated. Where the pins attach to the bar now becomes the fulcrum or pivot point for any down pressure on the front of that bar. If the bar is slightly bent around that fulcrum, the pins are held slightly high when seated in the tracks. Once the bar is repaired or replaced, a fix for this would be to drill holes in the track, at the full aft position, so the pins would be fully seated and the seat locked to the rear. 

Exactly what happened to my right hand seat, the bar was bent. I got it fix during the annual but was told that I need a new one. Has anybody responded to you on where to obtain one? My A&P tried the factory and Lasar, but no joy.

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, mikey757 said:

Hello Doc, Do you still have this Bar, 140215-029, this is exactly what I need now. Thanks, Mike

I think I may still have one.  Email my wife tomorrow, maureen@tricityaero.com