Selling Best Friend's (deceased) 1964 M20E (SOLD !!!)

Listed here on Mooney Space First !!!!!

Very Nice M20E with excellent paint and interior.  Plane cruises at 155-160 Knots on just over 8 gallons an hour.    Climb Performance and smoothness of the 3 blade prop is amazing, with no loss in cruise speed!  All AD's complied with and complete AD log with every AD listed, compliance method and referencing specific date in the logs to verify log entry.  Any AD's not found completed in logs were complied with during last annual.  Owner was an A&P who maintained and upgraded the plane himself.  He owned it nearly 25 years.

Every Speed mod including 201 windshield (except the one piece belly)

Brand New MT 3 blade prop (65 +/- hours Since New)

All New glass

Just completed a complete strip and reseal on the right wing fuel tank.

IFR certified with GNS430 w/ WAAS

Comes with Jeppesen Data card downloader & 6 months remaining on subscription (as of March 2021)

KX 155 back-up nav/com w/ ILS indicator. 

JPI 700 Engine Monitor

Precise Flight Standby Vacumn System

Cable operated step

King Audio Panel

Intercom

GTX 327 Garmin Transponder ADS-B compliant with new GDL 82. 

Full Altimeter/Static & Transponder cert 8/12/20. 

Annual completed 8/11/20.  Compressions 72/74/75/75.

Pop 1595 SMOH Lycoming "NEW Engine".

4390 Airframe TT 

Aircraft flown 65 hours since annual 

Tanis Engine Heater 

Paint 9-10

Interior 9

Plane always hangared in a heated hangar at Ford Airport in Iron Mountain, MI (KIMT)

No Damage History that I am aware of

Depending on buyer and sales price, may come with parts and service manuals, newer aircraft cover, "ADS-B in" receiver for Ipad, Portable Oxygen System (tank w/ cannulas), some headsets and any other assy's I find before the sale.

$69,000

Contact Tom 

906-458-6989

N1258X - 15.jpg

N1258X - 14.jpg

N1258X -1.jpg

N1258X - 3.jpg

N1258X - 4.jpg

N1258X - 17.jpg

N1258X - 13.jpg

N1258X - 10.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Tom,

Is this Steve’s Mooney?

(memory check)

:)

He kept a very nice machine...

Best regards,

-a-

Yes it was.  I finally have the squawks, I wasn't comfortable selling it with, completed.  And don't ask how much I like stripping Mooney fuel tanks!!!!

Tom

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ncav8tor said:

This looks like a really clean E model. So tempted!

Go for it! Tom has a great reputation, and seems to know his way around an airplane pretty well. I hope to meet him some day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, JGlassy223 said:

Is this aircraft still for sale? 

Yes but I have a buyer from Texas pretty far along on the process (has all logs, STC's and 337's), and last oil sample.  He's submitted for all the documentation from the FAA, quoted insurance, has been in daily contact with me and already discussed options for coming up to close and fly it home.  I'm kind of an old school guy so not demanding a down payment to hold it.  I have another from the DC area interested if the current deal doesn't close.  If you want more infomation I guess I can provide it but I wouldn't sell it without the current interested buyer having an opportunity to close on it first.

Tom

• Like 1

Just now, Yooper Rocketman said:

Yes but I have a buyer from Texas pretty far along on the process (has all logs, STC's and 337's), and last oil sample.  He's submitted for all the documentation from the FAA, quoted insurance, has been in daily contact with me and already discussed options for coming up to close and fly it home.  I'm kind of an old school guy so not demanding a down payment to hold it.  I have another from the DC area interested if the current deal doesn't close.  If you want more infomation I guess I can provide it but I wouldn't sell it without the current interested buyer having an opportunity to close on it first.

Tom

Thanks Tom, if it doesn’t end up closing please let me know I have been looking for quite some time and can close within a couple days. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JGlassy223 said:

Thanks Tom, if it doesn’t end up closing please let me know I have been looking for quite some time and can close within a couple days. 

Good luck and stay vigilant. We are seeing more and more buyers, new and not new, inquiring about Mooneys. 

David

6 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Tom

I'm really trying not to show my hand, but I'm so excited I can't see straight. :) And Tom is just really amazing. Like some next level awesome.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• Yooper Rocketman changed the title to Selling Best Friend's (deceased) 1964 M20E (SALE PENDING)
23 hours ago, Yooper Rocketman said:

Updated; Sale Pending.  Looks like it's going to Texas and if the stars align (weather) the new owner will get some Lancair IVPT time on his trip up to the U.P. to get it!

Tom

I'm worried I'm going to fall in love with Tom... be still my heart. ;p

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, aviatoreb said:

A great danger that - this flight to buy a M20E may end up being massively expensive!

Money well spent for a chance to take a ride in that rocketship! And hopefully to hear some stories about his best friend that might help me be a worthy new owner of the airplane. 

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...