PC Servo Repair/Replacement

15 hours ago, TAR said:

Interested in boot replacement for part #'s: 2980-1 (forward rudder servo), 2980 (aft rudder servo), 2983 (R/L aileron servos). Any insight for approved repair station would be appreciated.  1966 M20E

I just saw a number of what look like serviceable servos on eBay.  There is also a nice AccuFlite and I picked up some spare alt hold parts.  Not aware of anybody who formally repairs them at this point.  The ones on eBay come with the cans, so it would be simple R and R.  Best to leave the diaphragms in place.  We are still hopeful Brittain can make at least a partial comeback, but things have gone quiet lately.

On 3/14/2021 at 10:28 PM, TAR said:

Interested in boot replacement for part #'s: 2980-1 (forward rudder servo), 2980 (aft rudder servo), 2983 (R/L aileron servos). Any insight for approved repair station would be appreciated.  1966 M20E

I think I have all three. Will confirm this weekend.

Edited by Shadrach

On 3/14/2021 at 11:13 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

So I was thinking, if you made a form out of wood (or metal if you are capable) and got some thin butyl rubber sheets and some Rubber cement, you could lay up a functional boot.

A number of years ago, I toured a manufacturer of among other things, medical grade latex gloves.  A hundred or so nice smooth stainless steel hand male molds suspended from a moving chain that would dip into the liquid latex.  Don't remember if it was one dip or multiple.  Seems like the molds that day said Size 6.  The process seemed to be pretty straightforward.  Like making candles back in the olden days...when I was a young lad.

• 4 months later...

I still have mine in the aircraft and was thinking of removing them since the system is no longer operable.....Im going to go with a newer system I think....Hopefully Dynon when they get approved....I will let ya know after I talk with my partner.....