To Wait, Or Not To Wait

Toothdok50

My son and I have decided its time to put a JPI EDM 900 in our M20C with CEIS Fuel Senders.  He's anxious to get it all purchased and start the install.  It appears, however, that Fun 'n Sun 2021 is a go, and I'm encouraging him to wait for the show to see if there are any specials or rebates we can get on the equipment from JPI.  Being relatively new to aircraft ownership, I'm reaching out to those more seasoned owners that may have made show purchases to see what JPI has offered in the way of discounts in the past.  If I'm looking at typical rebate or discount of $250 or so, its pointless to wait.  However, if we're looking at a grand or more, that's an incentive to wait a month.  Anyone have some experience with the sort of rebates and discounts that JPI has typically offered at previous shows?  I've tried to find some old pages on the web showing show discounts or rebates at previous events and haven't been finding much.  Having only owned an plane now for 2 years, and COVID eliminating Fun 'n Sun last year, I need some guidance from you seasoned aircraft owners who've gone with JPI systems or have seen more than I have.  Any guidance? 

Possibly I’m naive.......maybe initiate communication with some vendors ahead of the show, inquiring whether they might be offering discounts (even ask what discount level) on your desired products at the show. 

In many cases, it doesn’t hurt to ask ( always exceptions to that rule :lol:).  It couldn’t be worse than pulling teeth......:rolleyes:

• Like 1