Flying Cloud Mn Mooney

araborn12

Hey, guys. I’m doing my commercial add on at a flight school in Eden Prairie, Mn at the Flying Cloud airport. My goal has always been to purchase a Mooney shortly after finishing my training because the Mooney will fit my mission. 

There was a Mooney flying this weekend and I wanted to try and get ahold of the owner because I would love to go up on one but I got too busy with my multi training. Now that I’m home for a week I figured I’d reach out to the community and see if there is anyone in that area that would be willing to show me the ropes of a Mooney. I’ll take care of the gas!

Thanks for having this community and I hope to be a long time contributor!

Adam

Oasis is about 45 minutes by air west of Flying Cloud. I am based at Flying Cloud and would be happy to take you up as soon as I have my aircraft. It has been at Oasis since early Feb. for the annual and Eric (one of the Oasis owners) tells me it should be back in the next week or two. I have a 231. If you have a license and a medical, I will be needing a safety pilot anyway, to get currency back, maybe we could work out a "deal." Eric would probably be willing to take you up, but he and Oasis are very busy right now moving planes around the country to get them annualed. Business is good, a nice problem to have. If you look Oasis up on the Internet, the phone number on the website will be Eric's cell, but he flies quite a bit so it may take a little for him to get back to you.

If you don't want to wait a little you could try Thunderbird. They have a J and multiple flight instructors who could take you up. However, I don't know if the J is flying, you would have to ask. They periodically put it on their insurance policy if they have someone wanting to fly it, and then take it off if there is no demand, and I don't know what that situation is at present.

I know there are a few other Mooneys at KFCM, don't know the owners though.