Are you going to Sun 'n Fun? Part deux

The big thing I have heard (since I have not attended OSH) is the ability to actually talk with the vendors as the lines are short to non-existent the first 2-3 days of SnF. And with shorter lines, it is easier to get into in-depth conversations at the booth with the person who can actually answer your question. The compact area makes it easy to go back and forth between vendors when you either come up with a new question or forget to ask an important one!

And with the beach and the Mouse House (Disney) within about an hour from Lakeland, there is something for those in the family not aviation-inclined, or for those of us after the show is over and don't want to get in the swarm of planes departing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oldguy said:

The big thing I have heard (since I have not attended OSH) is the ability to actually talk with the vendors as the lines are short to non-existent the first 2-3 days of SnF. And with shorter lines, it is easier to get into in-depth conversations at the booth with the person who can actually answer your question. The compact area makes it easy to go back and forth between vendors when you either come up with a new question or forget to ask an important one!

True dat! When my belly strobe went intermittent, I visited the Whelen booth as SnF with the part number (high voltage flasher, not coffee grinder--the flash was very irregular). The Whelen guy walked me over to a local distributor's booth, shiwed me what I needed and mine was the last credit card sale to go through as the storm was hitting. Just a few minutes later, the tornadoes hit . . . . Another three months and my new flasher showed up at home.

I am scheduled to be there as a vendor with my booth in Hangar C (C-92) listed under Avwxworkshops Inc.  Will be doing four presentations at 9 am on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Note that the SnF forum daily schedule tool doesn't quite order the days correctly.  The topics and the days are correct, but the last two should be flipped.  

I will be giving away a few of my Pilot Weather books at each of the presentations and will also have a daily give-away for my book and 1-yr subscription to my website.  So stop by and say hello!

SNF-Forum-Schedule.thumb.png.6be634138eec68acc577afa925ce97bc.png 

Edited by Scott Dennstaedt
  • Like 1

If any Mooney guys want to meet up at SNF, How about heading to the Silverwings Cabin on Thurs 4/15 at noon for lunch? They have a $5 hamburger, hotdog, soda, side, chips and cookie deal for members only and their guest, and I just received clearance to invite the Mooney Community that goes to SNF. Just tell the ticket seller your my guest. Where is the cabin? In the row of cabins southwest of the FAA building and southeast of the vendor hangars

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mike_elliott said:

If any Mooney guys want to meet up at SNF, How about heading to the Silverwings Cabin on Thurs 4/15 at noon for lunch? They have a $5 hamburger, hotdog, soda, side, chips and cookie deal for members only and their guest, and I just received clearance to invite the Mooney Community that goes to SNF. Just tell the ticket seller your my guest. Where is the cabin? In the row of cabins southwest of the FAA building and southeast of the vendor hangars

I will see you there!

And probably a few times before as well.

• Like 1

As an old guy (72 by SNF), was debating on SNF this year.  My brother and I are on a three year schedule; 1 at SNF, 2 at Oshkosh, 3 at Goodwood Revival & Beaulieu Autojumble.  This COVID stuff set us back from SNF last year.  So looks like all three are on, so hope to meet some of this august group at SNF.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

As an old guy (72 by SNF), was debating on SNF this year.  My brother and I are on a three year schedule; 1 at SNF, 2 at Oshkosh, 3 at Goodwood Revival & Beaulieu Autojumble.  This COVID stuff set us back from SNF last year.  So looks like all three are on, so hope to meet some of this august group at SNF.

Since we already planned a 2-week stay in Chichester in September 2019, we included a day at Goodwood Revival.  It was only a few miles down the road from our temporary home.  Now we want to do it again, but it will likely be 2022 before we can make the trip back. 

Don't mean to go off topic, but....  When you do, make sure you go to the Beaulieu Autojumble (they have aviation memorabilia, some parts etc.) also.  I believe it is on the weekend before Goodwood.  Former P-47 field and Special Operations Executive training base(s) during WWII.  They also have a Top Gear museum.  As an aside Goodwood was also a RAF field.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Don't mean to go off topic, but....  When you do, make sure you go to the Beaulieu Autojumble (they have aviation memorabilia, some parts etc.) also.  I believe it is on the weekend before Goodwood.  Former P-47 field and Special Operations Executive training base(s) during WWII.  They also have a Top Gear museum.  As an aside Goodwood was also a RAF field.

The events are typically 2 weeks apart.  Goodwood Aerodrome remains an active airfield, even open to Mooney traffic.  I spend some time at Goodwood a few weeks prior to the Revival, and was hoping to host @Hyett6420 during my stay but he had a schedule conflict.  Beaulieu is not an active airfield.

I will be there! Good weather new and vintage aircraft on display, day and night air shows some hands on time with all the new avionics and tech for our planes- what’s not to like old or young pilot? ...oh yeah a nice beer tent with friendly pilots from around the world too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder if anyone wants a cheap lunch at SunNFun this week, simply come to the silverwings cabin around noon and buy a lunch ticket. It is south of the FAA building and AOPA tent in clubhouse row. Just let the ticket taker know you are my guest. Im sure there will be a few Mooney guys around to tell lies about your TAS to. If not, there will be plenty of guys that swear Mooneys are hard to fly to argue with.

BTW, silverwings frat is one of the better kept secrets of SNF. Clean restroom, golf cart transpo, and other bennies make the membership fee worth it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 3/15/2021 at 5:34 PM, Oldguy said:

The big thing I have heard (since I have not attended OSH) is the ability to actually talk with the vendors as the lines are short to non-existent the first 2-3 days of SnF.

That was my experience yesterday. let's see what happens today. 

On 3/7/2021 at 12:08 AM, Raptor05121 said:

Theres a good turnout for the younger crowd, and PLENTY of shenanigans at the beer tent once the sun goes down.

“Shenanigans”?  How friggin’ old are you, Alex?

“You damn kids, knock off your shenanigans and get off my lawn!”  :)

• Haha 1