Looking for Mooney A&P near Milwaukee for pre buy.

FlyingBiker

Hello everyone, I recently found and joined this group.  I am a CFII and MEI. I have no Mooney time, but am looking to change that shortly.  I am working with a student of mine who is looking to own his first plane.  I think we have settled on an M20E near Milwaukee.  Does anyone in the group happen to know a mechanic in the area who could do a pre buy for us? The broker we are speaking with is part of a company that does almost everything (flight training, FBO work, maintenance, sales, etc.). Ideally, I would like someone who is not associated with them so they have no skin in the game and will hopefully provide a more objective inspection.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to meeting some people here in the future.

Try Eric Rudningen at Oasis Aero in Willmar, MN. Yes, they are a distance from you, but Eric travels constantly. I just spoke to him last week and he had spent most of the week in the air, covering most of the country. He is a very good commercial pilot as well as an A&P.  http://oasisaero.com/  The phone number on the website is his cell.