Headed to her new home

PilotX

My seals are tight as you can get them installed backwards and upside down.

So larger issue is the GFC500 fail. FD Suddenly pitched up 5deg at 12K. Hit the disconnect, no tone. FD would not disengage for more than two seconds. Recycled the system with a CB, same issue. I didn’t realize how poor of a videographer my PNF is or I would post it. Gotta do some searching. 

22 hours ago, PilotX said:

So I am not certain what I am doing wrong. Baffles seem ok to me. @GEE-BEE AEROPRODUCTS

If these seals aren't tight, the pressure escapes and doesn't force the air down over the cooling fins on your cylinders. Although it doesn't look like much, it can easily make 20 or more degrees in cooling.That won't take too much to fix.

image.png.a2022c3064d559c3c3939d2eba7cb682.png

• Like 2

17 hours ago, PilotX said:

Because it comes with no instructions. 

The factory seals are used for the pattern. Just replace the factory seals piece by piece with the GEE-BEE seals. Or if you take off all of the factory seals take really good pictures as you do it and number the old ones with a sharpie.

12 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

The factory seals are used for the pattern. Just replace the factory seals piece by piece with the GEE-BEE seals. Or if you take off all of the factory seals take really good pictures as you do it and number the old ones with a sharpie.

I got it I am not the sharpest pencil in the crayon box but work with me here. There were only three pieces of the original baffling. One on the front between the two alternators and the two of three adjacent to cylinders 1/3/5 

image.jpeg

9 minutes ago, PilotX said:

I got it I am not the sharpest pencil in the crayon box but work with me here. There were only three pieces of the original baffling. One on the front between the two alternators and the two of three adjacent to cylinders 1/3/5 

First of all pencils should never be kept in the crayon box .. lol.

I see your dilemma. Someone else had done a poor job of replacing the originals. A post on Mooneyspace and I bet the M20M owners braintrust (me excluded :D) could have helped figure it out.

3 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

First of all pencils should never be kept in the crayon box .. lol.

I see your dilemma. Someone else had done a poor job of replacing the originals. A post on Mooneyspace and I bet the M20M owners braintrust (me excluded :D) could have helped figure it out.

I did swipe pictures from MS and that got me the 98% solution. Add my lack of drilling/riveting ability and that brings down the final product but at least another 5%. I will tweak my baffles after a few more heat cycles. The CHT/EGT were so far very satisfactory, I need to drill down on #1 which is hotter than the rest and might be more a fuel issue than a baffling issue. Going to go fly and do a lean test with an experienced MSer.

• Like 1