Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Picked up a Bravo and finally started the meandering road back home. Broker snapped some shots as we were leaving. Great folks at Southwind at KFMY. 

81CD5EB9-311C-4422-AC28-A10CD29E1246.jpeg

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

Colorado got covered but I guess the snow doesn’t like to stick to the laminar flow wings! Think we are both ready to head back to Florida. All cleaned off today some more landings. Not impossible to land well, but takes a lot more finesse than my old R182. Thursday in for avionics upgrades very similar to @Fly_M20R some LEDs from @OSUAV8TER 

 

 

DFDA8598-CD03-49A0-8494-DB1A87D83C5E.jpeg

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, PilotX said:

Colorado got covered but I guess the snow doesn’t like to stick to the laminar flow wings! Think we are both ready to head back to Florida. All cleaned off today some more landings. Not impossible to land well, but takes a lot more finesse than my old R182. Thursday in for avionics upgrades very similar to @Fly_M20R some LEDs from @OSUAV8TER 

 

 

DFDA8598-CD03-49A0-8494-DB1A87D83C5E.jpeg

 

Bravo is a perfect Mooney for Colorado!! I flew one for several years and went to the West Coast from FL with it a few times. Low South route on the way there and high over Rockies on the way back. Landed in Pueblo for fuel stop one time. Steep descent once over the mountains just West of Pueblo! You will really enjoy it as well as the GI 275’s!

Congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
12 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

Why is the compass almost 180 degrees off?

The panel location is causing some interference. Its next on the list.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2021 at 7:02 PM, PilotX said:

Finally got the plane back today. Nearly three months but a great install. 

03D18671-0EF2-488C-B37C-C211D6181AB4.jpeg

While I really like how clean your panel is, with the recent threads about double AHRS failures on dual GI-275s, there is no way I would fly IFR with this setup without a known reliable back-up attitude indicator (Lifesaver gyro, ESI-500, RC allen electronic gyro, SAM, etc) and ipad/stratus/GTX345 doesn't count.

 

Also something looks off on your engine monitor. If you are seeing the hottest cylinder at 371 with an extremely low 1430 TIT something is wrong with your engine baffles. I don't see your fuel flow but it must be very high at that TIT.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Davidv said:

Out of curiosity, something going in the empty switch locations?

I will print cover plates that fit flush in the holes. Received the plane back and had to leave the next day. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, LANCECASPER said:

While I really like how clean your panel is, with the recent threads about double AHRS failures on dual GI-275s, there is no way I would fly IFR with this setup without a known reliable back-up attitude indicator (Lifesaver gyro, ESI-500, RC allen electronic gyro, SAM, etc) and ipad/stratus/GTX345 doesn't count.

 

Also something looks off on your engine monitor. If you are seeing the hottest cylinder at 371 with an extremely low 1430 TIT something is wrong with your engine baffles. I don't see your fuel flow but it must be very high at that TIT.

We all make our own choices. I am comfortable with the setup. I didn’t want avionics barf in the cockpit or a backup to the backup to the backup. Not my mindset, not my flying style. 

The engine monitor is fine, this was the first flight after nearly three months in a new to me airplane. My FF was at 16, I was not leaned out properly. Now I will focus on overcoming my desire to keep EGTs below 1415 and CHTs below 400, which was my preferred setting in my well past TBO O-540 previous plane. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PilotX said:

We all make our own choices. I am comfortable with the setup. I didn’t want avionics barf in the cockpit or a backup to the backup to the backup. Not my mindset, not my flying style. 

The engine monitor is fine, this was the first flight after nearly three months in a new to me airplane. My FF was at 16, I was not leaned out properly. Now I will focus on overcoming my desire to keep EGTs below 1415 and CHTs below 400, which was my preferred setting in my well past TBO O-540 previous plane. 

Everyone makes their own choices, you are correct. I was just pointing out that recently others @RobertGary1    have experienced dual GI-275 failures, which Garmin was just made aware of.

 

Also if your engine baffles are set up properly in a Bravo (I've owned three of them), you can keep your CHTs below 400 and your TIT at 1600 easily, with your cowl flaps closed. If not, air is escaping past your top baffles in the back.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.