GI 275, old A/P and ALT preselect

NicoN

Q1:

Okay. I learned that the GI275 can drive old A/P, such as the Century 21.

We also have a S_TEC 60 PSS for the ALT function. It does originally ALT HOLD and a VS mode (we do not talk about the GS mode now).

Now, I saw a Video where someone demonstrated the GI 275 and was taling about an altitude bug. He said something that the GI 275 will give a "chirp" just before reaching the preselected ALT.

So, does that imply that the GI 275 can "press" the ALT button on my S-TEC PSS in order to imitate an ALT preselect?

Q2:

Can GI 275 configured as an HSI also show bearing pointers? AFAIK the Aspen does it with 2 more additional sources aqs pointers and maybe even with an ADF

5 hours ago, NicoN said:

Q1:

Okay. I learned that the GI275 can drive old A/P, such as the Century 21.

We also have a S_TEC 60 PSS for the ALT function. It does originally ALT HOLD and a VS mode (we do not talk about the GS mode now).

Now, I saw a Video where someone demonstrated the GI 275 and was taling about an altitude bug. He said something that the GI 275 will give a "chirp" just before reaching the preselected ALT.

So, does that imply that the GI 275 can "press" the ALT button on my S-TEC PSS in order to imitate an ALT preselect?

Q2:

Can GI 275 configured as an HSI also show bearing pointers? AFAIK the Aspen does it with 2 more additional sources aqs pointers and maybe even with an ADF

My GI 275 HSI's have 2 bearing pointers. Each HSI can accept signals from 4 sources (2 VOR's and 2 GPS's). I have a Century 41 autopilot and I cannot adjust AP altitude with the 275; I have to use the UP/Down button on the AP to adjust altitude. I believe the 275 altitude bug is to alert you when you get to the set altitude whether by hand flying or autopilot.