Earn every endorsement in 61.31(e)-(k)

RobertGary1

32 minutes ago, 201Steve said:

A friend of mine is going for every rating possible. No idea if it’s economically possible. Air Ship? And there are some other strange ones. 

I don’t think there is any private air ship training or examiners. Only via a couple commercial employers.  I don’t think there are any power lift civilian aircraft. 

Getting a rating to fly a powered lift Osprey... may take signing up for a few years...

All things are possible... especially, if you were born into the right family...

There were a couple of Harrier Jets in private hands...

The insurance bill must be interesting for that...

:)

-a-

• Like 1

I heard an interview with Martha King where she described getting all of hers. Even for her, with the name recognition and everything, getting the airship rating was a matter of luck and being in the right place at the right time. She mentioned powered-lift is indeed off-limits for the time being.

Ground-launch glider is a tough one in the US, but I think a few places (like three) do it primarily for people looking to get the endorsement.

Another oddball one is gyroplane. There's a local instructor here and it's pretty fun to watch students bounce around in those.

I guess we could open it up to other kinds of certificates, too. Navigator, anyone?

45 minutes ago, adverseyaw said:

I heard an interview with Martha King where she described getting all of hers. Even for her, with the name recognition and everything, getting the airship rating was a matter of luck and being in the right place at the right time. She mentioned powered-lift is indeed off-limits for the time being.

Ground-launch glider is a tough one in the US, but I think a few places (like three) do it primarily for people looking to get the endorsement.

Another oddball one is gyroplane. There's a local instructor here and it's pretty fun to watch students bounce around in those.

I guess we could open it up to other kinds of certificates, too. Navigator, anyone?

I did look at gyroplane. Most seem to have a 170lb weight limit. Don’t thjnk any amount of eating wheat grass would get me there. 

• Haha 1

I flew a Cavalon 5 circuits at the local airfield one day. That thing is crazy hard to fly. It is a PIO monster. The owner said that knowing how to fly an airplane is a detriment to learning to fly it. He said the only thing worse is knowing how to fly a helicopter. I did finally manage 2 takeoffs and 2 landings without assistance. 

Find the thread regarding other airplanes people fly...

There is a really nice gyrocopter in there...

To go with the seaplanes, gliders, and other things...

The weather was nice enough somebody flew a balloon in NJ over the weekend...

Back below freezing today...

-a-

On 3/2/2021 at 7:58 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

I flew a Cavalon 5 circuits at the local airfield one day. That thing is crazy hard to fly. It is a PIO monster. The owner said that knowing how to fly an airplane is a detriment to learning to fly it. He said the only thing worse is knowing how to fly a helicopter. I did finally manage 2 takeoffs and 2 landings without assistance. 

thats interesting...i thought flying the cavalon a lot of fun...sensitive yes,but nothing like a heli cyclic....

40 minutes ago, thinwing said:

thats interesting...i thought flying the cavalon a lot of fun...sensitive yes,but nothing like a heli cyclic....

I was starting to get the hang of it after 3 circuits. I would have liked to just go fly it around a bit. The only helicopter I’ve flown was a Schwizer 300. I thought it was a lot easier to fly.