Mooney Flying in Turkey..?

carusoam

hi everyone!

thanks soo much for all the support! we've not been waiting for that surprise, thanks so much again and again! (especially to you @carusoam such a nice person you are!

here is a bit of our (sekomel) story:

we'r both first officers at turkish airlines currently, I fly (seko) b777 while my wife (mel) flies b37. we'r both graduated from turkish airlines aviation academy - I did my trainee in ireland and she did it in turkey- and we've met in university (knowing each other since 2007)

aviation is one of our big passion in our lives so we've been trying hard to buy an airplane for ourselves last couple years (saved money but took some time as turkish lira lost huge amount of value against dollars/euro)

about our beatiful but lonely country..:)

turkey is one of the leading at commercial aviation (especially turkish airlines and pegasus airlines leading europe for the last one year even though covid-19 crisis) countries among european countries..however..we are well behind general aviation, unfortunately..

there are appx 500 single engine types of airplanes all around in turkey (compare with population is 80 million!) so we have looong way to go..

I know there are thousands of youtube channels way better than us but we're just started and the good part is that turkish people (especially the youngest) are really reacted good to our videos. I think it is a good signal for the general aviation's future in turkey..

our big dream is 'circumnavigate the world' which will be first in turkish aviation history and I hope this will lead turkey's general aviation to step up for the next gens..

as we have been flying last 5 years at jet airplanes, we are now flying some 'trainee' flights (some of you might be remember the topic I created about a week ago) to remember the idea of visual flight rules and how to handle single engine type of airplanes etc..

I have a dream that someday, some of you will come to Istanbul and we will fly all together, I will show 

Thanks a million again for the warm welcome & support..we felt that it in our heart from thousands of kilometres away..we would like to host you anytime in Istanbul or any part of Turkey, maybe with the 'mooneys' ..who knows. :)

@ArtVandelay

@N201MKTurbo

I hope we will post it in english soon, it is really takes time making a video..also our flights and private life etc..but I hope we can create some time for english subtitle from now on..(subtitle is easy part but synchronisation is killing me..) :) 

@xcrmckenna :) hope they were quite though :)

@flyboy0681 she will be..after we've done our transition to mooney..she can pick any seat (left or right does not matter for her) :) 

@carusoam thanks a million again for giving that chance..

I wish you all healthy days,

sekomel

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2021 at 1:47 AM, sekomel said:

hi everyone!

thanks soo much for all the support! we've not been waiting for that surprise, thanks so much again and again! (especially to you @carusoam such a nice person you are!

here is a bit of our (sekomel) story:

we'r both first officers at turkish airlines currently, I fly (seko) b777 while my wife (mel) flies b37. we'r both graduated from turkish airlines aviation academy - I did my trainee in ireland and she did it in turkey- and we've met in university (knowing each other since 2007)

aviation is one of our big passion in our lives so we've been trying hard to buy an airplane for ourselves last couple years (saved money but took some time as turkish lira lost huge amount of value against dollars/euro)

about our beatiful but lonely country..:)

turkey is one of the leading at commercial aviation (especially turkish airlines and pegasus airlines leading europe for the last one year even though covid-19 crisis) countries among european countries..however..we are well behind general aviation, unfortunately..

there are appx 500 single engine types of airplanes all around in turkey (compare with population is 80 million!) so we have looong way to go..

I know there are thousands of youtube channels way better than us but we're just started and the good part is that turkish people (especially the youngest) are really reacted good to our videos. I think it is a good signal for the general aviation's future in turkey..

our big dream is 'circumnavigate the world' which will be first in turkish aviation history and I hope this will lead turkey's general aviation to step up for the next gens..

as we have been flying last 5 years at jet airplanes, we are now flying some 'trainee' flights (some of you might be remember the topic I created about a week ago) to remember the idea of visual flight rules and how to handle single engine type of airplanes etc..

I have a dream that someday, some of you will come to Istanbul and we will fly all together, I will show 

Thanks a million again for the warm welcome & support..we felt that it in our heart from thousands of kilometres away..we would like to host you anytime in Istanbul or any part of Turkey, maybe with the 'mooneys' ..who knows. :)

@ArtVandelay

@N201MKTurbo

I hope we will post it in english soon, it is really takes time making a video..also our flights and private life etc..but I hope we can create some time for english subtitle from now on..(subtitle is easy part but synchronisation is killing me..) :) 

@xcrmckenna :) hope they were quite though :)

@flyboy0681 she will be..after we've done our transition to mooney..she can pick any seat (left or right does not matter for her) :) 

@carusoam thanks a million again for giving that chance..

I wish you all healthy days,

sekomel

Welcome on board!! I really enjoyed your video! I am looking forward to learning more from you and your life in Turkey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1