Over 80

rotorman

I’ve been self insured for a longtime,but bought insurence for the Mooney, and the Broker is telling everyone to keep their FAA medical as insurence companies won’t accept basic med for pilots over 75.

I don’t understand the logic of an FAA medical until you have to have one, why maintain one prior to then?

Insurence has always been what determined level of pilot training etc, it’s never really been the FAA, nothing has changed there 

On 2/28/2021 at 11:42 AM, FoxMike said:

I have a friend who just turned 97 and has liability insurance on his 210.  He also has a 3rd class medical.

My dad just turned 90, has a T-210, and has been getting crap from his insurance company lately.  Could you tell me who insures your friend?

I had lunch with old fellow and he said to call Falcon Insurance in Kerrville.  They have an underwriter who will place your dad.  I would read carefully a sample policy before committing.  I doubt it will look like the policies you have looked at for our own airplane.