Camarillo This Morning

TGreen

1 hour ago, TGreen said:

Went to KCMA for breakfast this morning. Three Mooneys pulled up next to me but didn't stay long. Any of them Mooneyspacers by chance?

Not me, but my dad got his ppl there about 40 years ago.  There was an awesome little mexican restaurant on the field.  I remember eating some great tacos to celebrate surviving power on stalls with my dad and his cfi.  If I remember right, the restaurant was partially dome shaped adobe or stucco...

What restaurant is there now?

Edited by Ragsf15e
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ragsf15e said:

Not me, but my dad got his ppl there about 40 years ago.  There was an awesome little mexican restaurant on the field.  I remember eating some great tacos to celebrate surviving power on stalls with my dad and his cfi.  If I remember right, the restaurant was partially dome shaped adobe or stucco...

What restaurant is there now?

Waypoint cafe. Probably one of the most popular airport cafes in the US.

• Like 1

Went to KCMA for breakfast this morning. Three Mooneys pulled up next to me but didn't stay long. Any of them Mooneyspacers by chance?

ba094978e12c96679ffe178b1e135009.jpg

Look familiar?

Yeah, three of us parked long enough to order so when we landed after formating we didn’t have to wait in line for our food.

We also met Chad, a new M20F owner I hope makes it to our MS community.

Waypoint is a fantastic restaurant, but the downside can be the crowds...”number 4 cleared to land behind the yellow gyroplane” is NOT what you want to hear when setting up your flight for a safe break to landing.
  • Like 2

My wife and I were headed there today till I saw the winds at CMA:

KCMA 281655Z 07027G39KT 10SM CLR 17/M12 A3017 RMK AO2 PK WND 07042/1625 SLP223 T01721117
KCMA 281555Z 07028G41KT 10SM CLR 16/M11 A3015 RMK AO2 PK WND 07041/1549 SLP218 T01611111

Winds like that might be pushing patio dining - although last time I went winds were in the 20's and their protected patio dining area was fine. But with those gust and reports of Severe and Extreme turbulence down low in the vicinity of SMO and CNO along with a SIGMET for Severe Turbulence my wife and I went out for some cardio mountain bike riding instead.

We may be able to head up there for Lunch on Wednesday. I've been flying mostly every day the last 2 weeks and most days have had turbulence - but this was first day with a SIGMET that is still up.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kortopates said:

My wife and I were headed there today till I saw the winds at CMA:

KCMA 281655Z 07027G39KT 10SM CLR 17/M12 A3017 RMK AO2 PK WND 07042/1625 SLP223 T01721117
KCMA 281555Z 07028G41KT 10SM CLR 16/M11 A3015 RMK AO2 PK WND 07041/1549 SLP218 T01611111

Winds like that might be pushing patio dining - although last time I went winds were in the 20's and their protected patio dining area was fine. But with those gust and reports of Severe and Extreme turbulence down low in the vicinity of SMO and CNO along with a SIGMET for Severe Turbulence my wife and I went out for some cardio mountain bike riding instead.

We may be able to head up there for Lunch on Wednesday. I've been flying mostly every day the last 2 weeks and most days have had turbulence - but this was first day with a SIGMET that is still up.  

LA Center announced that SIGMET this morning for moderate to severe turbulence as we were headed home early to beat the winds.  We still got some moderate stuff over the mountains but nothing horrible. Apparently a Cessna over SBA did not have a good day today. Good call on staying home.