Looking for experienced Mooney CFI in South Portland Maine to do flight test

Joel Davidson

Hi, I’m looking for an experienced Mooney pilot, preferably CFI or very experienced pilot to test fly a 1980 Mooney M20K 231 in South Portland, Maine. I have a purchase agreement on the plane but it is out of annual and has no insurance. I will be getting a full hull/liability policy after the annual is completed. I have included in the contract the ability to test fly the aircraft after purchase and the seller will pay for any airworthiness issues identified at that time. I am using Savvy Prebuy service but unfortunately due to the annual status and insurance issue we are stuck doing the prebuy inspection as part of the annual and my purchasing and insuring the aircraft so we can test fly it. I was hoping there would be a current owner out there with some expertise in this area. I of course will compensate your time.

The plane is at KPWM and is tail number N4037H.  The seller is Doug Mayo of Portland if any of you are familiar with him and his plane.  

Here’s a link https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/197886527/1980-mooney-m20k-231-piston-single-aircraft

My email is joeldavidson@comcast.net and home phone is 518 345-5089

Edited by Joel Davidson
Corrections and addition of link
  • Like 1

Hi Joel, It sounds like what you might need is an IA to do the annual that also is willing to "fly" his work more than an instructor at this point. You are looking for someone with airworthiness knowledge of aircraft. The guys we have that could do this are not located anywhere close to Portland Me. and may not be able fit your time line. I will give you a call later today to discuss your plans

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Joel Davidson said:

Hi, I’m looking for an experienced Mooney pilot, preferably CFI or very experienced pilot to test fly a 1980 Mooney M20K 231 in South Portland, Maine. I have a purchase agreement on the plane but it is out of annual and has no insurance. I will be getting a full hull/liability policy after the annual is completed. I have included in the contract the ability to test fly the aircraft after purchase and the seller will pay for any airworthiness issues identified at that time. I am using Savvy Prebuy service but unfortunately due to the annual status and insurance issue we are stuck doing the prebuy inspection as part of the annual and my purchasing and insuring the aircraft so we can test fly it. I was hoping there would be a current owner out there with some expertise in this area. I of course will compensate your time.

The plane is at KPWM and is tail number N4037H.  The seller is Doug Mayo of Portland if any of you are familiar with him and his plane.  

Here’s a link https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/197886527/1980-mooney-m20k-231-piston-single-aircraft

My email is joeldavidson@comcast.net and home phone is 518 345-5089

Looks like you may need an IA to help with this but here is someone with experience in Baltimore who may be able to help @Jerry 5TJ