G1000 Supplemental Data Card Issue

Bob5151F

Yesterday while flying my O3, the SynVis on the PFD went off-line (it had been working) and I got an aural message "Terrain not available". Every minute or 2 I would get a "terrain available" alert but nothing happened on the PFD and then it said "terrain not available" again. This happened numerous times. After about 20 minutes everything returned to normal. There were no issues with GPS coverage,

Upon landing I restarted the system and got all sorts of error messages that the PFD wasn't reading data (not only terrain) off the Supp data card.  I removed the card and did the Obstacle, SafeTaxi, and Airport directory updates that were due today.
I subsequently rebooted the system 5 times. On 3 of the 5 the system came up fine, on the other 2 I got multiple database error messages.
Anyone have any thoughts?
Data Card got corrupted? PFD Card reader not making contact with disk intermittently? PFD Card reader fault?

This started happening to me last year. It got a bit better after I did the MagVar update. Generally, however, I get multiple errors and notices after installing a new update. I just patiently given it time and re-start a couple of times. It appears that it just takes time, and perhaps a reboot, for the update to replicate across both computers. Once done, it has been fine.

Edited by BlueDun

Let’s see of @Deb is in the neighborhood this evening... (G1000 challenge... seen this one?)

Let’s see if @KLudwick is around too...

Kind of sounds like aging data cards...

The mag var update took expert help to identify...

My O1, doesn’t have a G1000 to share any experience... :)

Best regards,

-a-