Bit More AV30C info...

I had an extended discussion about this issue with the Uavionix engineering rep at the Copperstate fly in.  He explained the problem and their remedy in great detail; how they utilized the internal magnetometer in the MEMs sensor, the software updates, the number of complaints (roughly 200 out of 7000 sold if I remember correctly), post installation calibration procedures (the flying part), start up procedures while you're still stationary on the ramp (this sounded important for proper operation and something potentially done incorrectly), etc.  I told him I had planned to buy one but backed away when I started reading the discussions.  I'm guessing they would be willing to update any older units left in the field (he said all the ones available for sale have been updated).  They seemed very cooperative and customer focused.  Unfortunately I didn't get his name but I wouldn't hesitate to call.  I'm reconsidering an AV30 now in the AI position.  

Edited by DCarlton