Just committed to this lil number (N8201Q)

Jocbay

With the help of some MSrs,  I signed up for this beauty on Wednesday.  She has to pass her physical next Friday and I have to come up with the scratch.  @gsxrpilot and friend were sooo giving of their time and expertise.  I only hope I can pay it forward.

There's so much that I and the plane need.  If ya look at that completed that list it will make you turn to drink.  But I do have one important question;  should I go for the leather flight jacket or the Captain's hat with epaulets look?

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3525.jpg

• Like 12

52 minutes ago, john buhrman said:

With the help of some MSrs,  I signed up for this beauty on Wednesday. . .  But I do have one important question;  should I go for the leather flight jacket or the Captain's hat with epaulets look?

This is the proper look for a happy, confident Mooney pilot:

20210225_205523.thumb.jpg.d7b05331c82f1e49fc45a0cbef9b74c2.jpg

Not just any leather jacket will do! You gotta get a G-I. But they have fake-fur collars now . . . . . And still don't come in that modern "relaxed fit".

• Like 5

@Warren and I had a great time helping @john buhrman look over this 201. John took everyone's advice and within 24 hours of finding this one for sale, he jumped in his truck with his two dogs and drove straight through from Dillon, MT to Fort Morgan, CO to look it over and seal the deal.

@Warren and I took his 231 and flew up from Denver (BJC) to help him look it over and give an opinion on the purchase. It's an all original 201 that's been a "work truck" for an aviation business and used for ferrying crews around the western states. There's room for some new avionics and the interior is what you'd expect in a work truck. But the John got a great deal on a regularly flying 201 with a mid-time engine. 

Welcome to the Mooney family!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1