Avionics upgrade starts now

Hi folks,

today my O1 is out of the anual an the avionic shop starts the work for an upgrade:

2 x GI275

GTN 750Xi

traffc avoidance from AIR avionics

suction pump removal

and ADS B transponder

panel before:                                                                                                                                at Avionik Straubing

grafik.thumb.png.95e57fdc1eb5ddec6edbec8443bae0c7.pnggrafik.thumb.png.820e205a3f7b5c27fd81d08d0d62f11d.pnggrafik.thumb.png.3a7b46469404b647bfb09914d4f4fd90.pnggrafik.thumb.png.fdb779441d1264ace3280e763fa5ed7c.png

grafik.png

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

Suction pump has to stay in mine because I have the cheap speed brakes. Jealous. Just rand down the plumbing today to figure out where it goes and I guess we flip coin to see which vacuum pump goes. Do you spend the time to remove the hard one now, or later when you have to replace it?

7 hours ago, PilotX said:

Suction pump has to stay in mine because I have the cheap speed brakes. Jealous. Just rand down the plumbing today to figure out where it goes and I guess we flip coin to see which vacuum pump goes. Do you spend the time to remove the hard one now, or later when you have to replace it?

wait til you see the technicality that goes with that situation...

I believe it is all documented around here somewhere...

Best regards,

-a-

On 2/25/2021 at 7:15 PM, Seth said:

I do see a GI275 in my future (maybe two!).

I am NOT a Garmin fan at all. But my current airplane came with dual 275s and I have to admit, they're pretty darned good. I don't care for the 650 that is in the panel of my airplane, Avidynes are far superior, in my opinion.

22 hours ago, PilotX said:

I am in the same boat, and the easy answer for me was the heavy one in the back came out. Added ~12 lbs. UL.

Thanks for keeping your PMA8000BT, that made my day Fritz! Beautiful panel and now there is an airshow to go to.

We are on our way to Sun N Fun. If you are there next week, stop by and see us. Building D, right inside the hangar doors! 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Oldguy said:

I am in the same boat, and the easy answer for me was the heavy one in the back came out. Added ~12 lbs. UL.

I have two, one above the other. I am going to take the harder to reach one out, which should make oil changes less messy.

• Like 1