Mooney meetup in KSEZ

Captain Bash

I haven’t told this story before, but for those that are familiar with the videos of my Dad and I flying coast to coast in my M20J, I started a new video of a cross the country trip from the East Coast to KSEZ and back.

I had the cameras rolling. 

We made it to Fayetteville Arkansas, Dad had bad Mexican food, was riding the porcelain throne, got no sleep, wanted to go home, so we flew home.  End of adventure. 

My son is going to go to college in AZ so I am definitely making this flight sometime in the future!

I went last year, cameras rolling, fun approach, came in too high, went around, good experience captured on film for review and discussion..... to find on review “memory card full”. Go pro stopped recording just prior to descent. Ugh. Take some pics for me so I can claim them as my own. :D

• 1 month later...

Google Sedona plane crash.

Last week I was there and a Skylane veered off runway and missed my plane by one wingspan. Hit plane across aisle and fuel truck with hose and ladder out. They were taken to hospital and lived. Amazing no fuel fire which would have been bad.  Park away from runway next time.....

Crosswinds can get weird there on hilltop.

I left after that and went an hour South to Tucson and only remaining Titan missle silo museum and Karchner Caverns, a real hidden gem. Tucson approach Controller let me circle Davis Monthan AFB at 1000' for pictures since no traffic on a Sunday.

Tom