Battery tender/apu for a bravo

DaveMC

Does anybody have any experience With a good battery tender and or auxiliary power unit for a bravo. Some of the computer updates take a long time and I am having to run the engine to keep the batteries from going down. Would also like it for the cold weather to keep the batteries in tiptop shape. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

with a good battery tender and or auxiliary power unit for a bravo. Some of the computer updates take a long time and I am having to run the engine to keep the batteries from going down. Would also like it for the cold weather to keep the batteries in tiptop shape. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Also does anybody have a good source for a main tire tube. I went to my hanger today and my right main was flat as a pancake. I was able to fill it back up and get her off the concrete and will check how quickly it drops over the next few days. But I’m guessing I’m gonna have to replace the tube

Thanks Advance for any help

D

There is a great thread around here for that...

Everything from BatteryMinders... to commercial power supplies to home made devices...

I got the BatteryMinder that is specific to Concorde gel cells.... and didn’t bother to do the math... i’m not sitting there that long... and I have two batteries...

PP thoughts only, not a CFI or mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

I just decided to hell with it I’m gonna replace all three tires and all three tubes. Does anybody have any suggestions of the best make and model of tires and tubes. I wanna get maximum life out of them and maximum durability. I don’t mind spending extra for the rubber underneath me if I get the value that goes with it  

I must have missed part B... :)

Michelen Airstop Tubes...

So you don’t have to check air pressure except every six months or so...

There is a thread around here for different tube styles regarding the shape and size of the valve...

If you like what you have, get the same one...

Try to find out what happened to the old one...  it isn’t a normal thing to deflate itself...

PP thoughts only,

Best regards,

-a-

10 minutes ago, carusoam said:

I must have missed part B... :)

Michelen Airstop Tubes...

So you don’t have to check air pressure except every six months or so...

There is a thread around here for different tube styles regarding the shape and size of the valve...

If you like what you have, get the same one...

Try to find out what happened to the old one...  it isn’t a normal thing to deflate itself...

PP thoughts only,

Best regards,

-a-

Thank you.  I will check the tube carefully 

This is what I use.  It is a battery minder and also an external power unit for running avionics when plugged into the power port on the left side of my plane.  I had the charging portion of things installed in my TKS fill door so that maintains/desulfates/charges the batteries.  There are different versions with or without the battery minder portion.  Its a little pricey but serves both purposes of being a GPU and battery maintainer/charger.

https://www.audioauthority.com/page/gpu_home

image.thumb.png.f7e1f7f0e9f13f6187156918afdcfd9f.png

• Like 4