Cumulative Effect of Speed Mods?

HH60HLDG

1 minute ago, MooneyMitch said:

The big 6 cylinder engines don't seem to add as many knots as they do GPH

I disagree......... my former Ovation, 280HP, IO550G, above 8,000 ft, 20-30LOP, 12.5 gph 174 kts.  All approximate as things do vary a bit with contributing factors.   Regardless, it’s a lot of speed for the buck.

The best cumulative speed mods for Mooney is the Acclaim! :lol:

Add a little O2 and my 252 will do that on 9.5 gph.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HH60HLDG said:

Oh I'm all about a LIVP if I could get it & me insured!  But meanwhile we have to live in reality so Mooney's & Columbia/Cessna's are top of the doable list.  The big 6 cylinder engines don't seem to add as many knots as they do GPH, hence the M20K's being the logical choice from both an acquisition & operating cost perspective.  

I know of a Lancair Super-ES (Turbo 550, G3X, full de-ice, MT prop) currently off market. My IA is doing an conditional inspection on it right now, I can put you in touch with the owner, if your interested. The owner just jumped up to a Kingair. 

Just now, AerostarDriver said:

I know of a Lancair Super-ES (Turbo 550, G3X, full de-ice, MT prop) currently off market. My IA is doing an conditional inspection on it right now, I can put you in touch with the owner, if your interested. The owner just jumped up to a Kingair. 

There's a Lancair 4P for sale up here in Denver. But as mentioned before, it seems no one can get insurance on it. 

2 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

There's a Lancair 4P for sale up here in Denver. But as mentioned before, it seems no one can get insurance on it. 

The Super ES is the experimental version of the Columbia. Fixed gear, 230 knots. The 4P is a totally different animal. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, AerostarDriver said:

Same issues on insurance...ES-P from SLC bounced it's sale a couple of times due to no takers on insurance...