By-by M20C, hello Bravo!

Boilermonkey

After a long process I finally bought into a 50/50 partnership in a Mooney Bravo, of N9149P.  PS. anyone wanting a 1/3 share in a M20C in Indianapolis let me know ;-)

I put 100s of hours on the M20C and enjoyed every moment.  The lure of backseat leg room for the kids, TKS, O2, new airframe, and SPEED finally got to me when a friend offered me a share of his Bravo.

It was a bit of a difficult path.  While working on my IFR ticket I watched a Mooney Bravo crash at my airport (KHFY).  That didn't stop me from flying, but it's an image that I can't ever forget.   A few years later I started looking at my friend's Bravo.  He had two other partners, one of which had upgraded to a TBM and wanted to sell me a share.  I was interested, but was holding out for a twin or 6-seat single so I could take my whole family.   

18 months later tragedy struck.  My friend's partner died in a crash with the co-owner of the other partner's TBM.   All at once, my friend had a deceased partner and a partner that had lost his TBM and gave up flying.  It got messy for 12 months, and I won't go into the details of what my friend had to unravel...needless to say our partnership has an exhaustive set of by-laws.

With all of my friend's details sorted I decided to take the jump.  I had to remind myself the airplane does not have emotions.  It doesn't know the story.  If I treat her right, she will treat me right. 

I'm really excited!   Flying the Bravo has been a lot of fun, it's a different sight picture and heavier on the controls...but man she can go fast & climb.  While the Bravo doesn't have 6 seats it's perfect.  (Yeah, my wife will have to fly commercial if we go on vacations, but she gets a glass of wine and a few hours away from the kids!)  

We have a lot of work to do...O2 system/tank needs to be serviced/replaced, TKS needs to be checked, new gear pucks, and a few other things.  Oh, and the engine is over TBO.   The buy in was reasonable and we have some work to do...but that's all spelled out in our agreement and in the end we'll have a beauty!

Open to advice about Bravo's.  MS has taught me so much already.

• Like 7

Yay!

Short body to long body in one easy step...

or one fell swoop...

Congrats!

How much transition time did your insurance company award you with?

Your engine management will be a bit different...

Everything happens 15% faster...

You get more Mooney with that!

Best regards,

-a-