Discovery flight

B00kem22

I am working in my PPL and am leaning heavily towards an M20J. My understanding is the cockpit is a bit tight.  I am a bigger fella and want to make sure it’s comfortable before I spend hours searching for the right ride.  Does anyone have any interest in going up for a flight?   Near Shreveport, LA and willing to drive an hour or two. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, B00kem22 said:

I am working in my PPL and am leaning heavily towards an M20J. My understanding is the cockpit is a bit tight.  I am a bigger fella and want to make sure it’s comfortable before I spend hours searching for the right ride.  Does anyone have any interest in going up for a flight?   Near Shreveport, LA and willing to drive an hour or two. 

Thanks

where did you get your understanding from?   CessnaSpace, or PiperSpace?

Whoever told you that was simply il-advised...

:)

Good news... You would have to be too big for a GA plane for it to matter...

There are plenty of threads around here that cover cabin width... Mooneys are wider...

Or how two large people can be comfortable in a Mooney...

Some people write about how much they weigh, how tall they are... what their inseam is...

If you can use the search function... these key words will put your mind at ease...

Unless you were looking for an excuse to not search further... you won’t find that here...

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

1 hour ago, B00kem22 said:

Thanks

You should drive to Don Maxwell in Longview - and there you can sit inside Mooneys of all models.

33 minutes ago, carusoam said:

Unless you were looking for an excuse to not search further... you won’t find that here...

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

Honestly…the fit was the least of the topics in the post.  Biggest hope is to be able to get up and fly in one, get a feel for the plane, etc.  the “fit” is just a by product.  

Book,

Why didn’t you say so..?

The most realistic way of flying various Mooneys...

Isn’t by going to DMax... those planes actually belong to customers... they are in for maintenance...

Seeing them up close... sure.

Even sitting in them is difficult to get permission...

What you want... is Dmax’s partner... G...  together, they are GMax...

Jimmy Garrison has the Mooneys that are for sale... much less permission required...

https://www.gmaxamericanaircraft.com

Click the inventory to see what is listed...

If you are trying to find out if a Mooney is the right plane for you... talk to the people that understand and look forwards to talking to plane buyers...

If you have the opportunity to talk to DMax... do that too...

Jimmy is around here as well... if you want to send him a PM... use @jgarrison

I first met with Jimmy’s partner, David, in the late 90s...

David brought me up to speed regarding M20Cs that I was interested in...

Fantastic conversations... these aren’t used cars, or houses... it takes a lot of communication to get to what you want...

A decade later I was back with David and Jimmy discussing the M20R...

Enjoy learning...

Best regards,

-a-

Just now, carusoam said:

Book,

Why didn’t you say so..?

The most realistic way of flying various Mooneys...

Isn’t by going to DMax... those planes actually belong to customers... they are in for maintenance...

Seeing them up close... sure.

Even sitting in them is difficult to get permission...

They keep the vintage Mooneys in Longview and Jimmy often has J+ inventory there getting shuffled around. I bet they can find a way into a J+, even if they ask a customer. Mid-day on a Friday with good weather clients are flying in and out all the time. 

• Like 1