Pre-buy help - Fort Myers (KFMY)

PilotX

Hey everybody. I am trying to find an AP/IA to conduct a pre-buy at Fort Myers. I have one scheduled but it is "penciled in" subject to re-confirmation for 2 March with a closing on 5 March. I am flying in from Denver to retrieve the plane after the pre-buy and was hoping to get a firm date commitment (I'm pretty flexible) so I can book tickets and hotels and such. I have reviewed the logs already and can e-mail them.

PM for contact info. 

Somebody was asking for Phil Jimenez the other day...

So I used the search function and found the phone and address....

PJ is a highly regarded mechanic...

Use The search function to find him... see if he is a match for what you need...

Another thought if going the MSC route... Jake at Daytona knows Mooneys down to their infinite details...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

Sent a note to PJ. I don’t know that I can get the plane moved and I don’t know if he travels but I will know soon. So crabby some roving bands of lightly employed A&Ps over on the West Coast of Florida. However it seems that everybody is super busy these days. Obviously one big concern is how things always seem to shift to the right. That happened with my previous plane you get something scheduled and then it would shift a week.

Keep the suggestions coming please you guys are awesome.

8 hours ago, PilotX said:

Hey everybody. I am trying to find an AP/IA to conduct a pre-buy at Fort Myers. I have one scheduled but it is "penciled in" subject to re-confirmation for 2 March with a closing on 5 March. I am flying in from Denver to retrieve the plane after the pre-buy and was hoping to get a firm date commitment (I'm pretty flexible) so I can book tickets and hotels and such. I have reviewed the logs already and can e-mail them.

PM for contact info. 

What model Mooney?

3 hours ago, PilotX said:

Sent a note to PJ. I don’t know that I can get the plane moved and I don’t know if he travels but I will know soon. So crabby some roving bands of lightly employed A&Ps over on the West Coast of Florida. However it seems that everybody is super busy these days. Obviously one big concern is how things always seem to shift to the right. That happened with my previous plane you get something scheduled and then it would shift a week.

Keep the suggestions coming please you guys are awesome.

Phil, like what you are finding of most good mechanics, will be pretty busy also. He has a shop to run but will schedule you in and will be reasonable, and highly recommend him or Jake Clemmens to look over the Mooney, especially if it is a fire breathing Bravo.

In working with a lot of new Mooney owners from a transition training and ownership standpoint, I have observed it is best to pick the shop, have the prebuy done and then schedule the closing and transportation and training instead of trying to make everything fit a timeline that will fall apart with the smallest of airworthy items, document irregularities, finance and insurance delays or other nits. One of our Mooney Pros, Inc instructors is having a "down day" at the prebuy site this Monday as OKC was "closed" due to weather last week and the title search has been delayed until then, thus closing delayed as an example. I know in a perfect world everything flows to the timeline but most of the time the ownership transfer wood pile is occupied with god Murphy. Fortunately our client and Master instructor will occupy the down day with an intense ground session on the front end vs intertwined with seat time. 

I wish you the best here, hopefully Phil can get right on it for you, as he will be a good one. That said, another Mooney owner recently called me AOG about who to get in a hurry at KFMY and I referred him to Switik on the field who promptly and professionally got him airborne again.

6 hours ago, V1VRV2 said:

What model Mooney?

A 1990 Bravo. Switlik was great when I talked to him, knew the plane, just sounded super busy, thus I was just looking at other options to move up or firm up the timeline. Also flying out my buddy, also a Bravo owner for some Training on the way back. I don’t mind complicated plans but my better half’s tolerance for a solo mini vacation in sunny and warm FL will be short lived if it snows while I am gone. 

9 hours ago, mike_elliott said:

In working with a lot of new Mooney owners from a transition training and ownership standpoint, I have observed it is best to pick the shop, have the prebuy done and then schedule the closing and transportation and training instead of trying to make everything fit a timeline that will fall apart with the smallest of airworthy items, document irregularities, finance and insurance delays or other nits. One of our Mooney Pros, Inc instructors is having a "down day" at the prebuy site this Monday as OKC was "closed" due to weather last week and the title search has been delayed until then, thus closing delayed as an example. I know in a perfect world everything flows to the timeline but most of the time the ownership transfer wood pile is occupied with god Murphy. Fortunately our client and Master instructor will occupy the down day with an intense ground session on the front end vs intertwined with seat time. 

I understand how things slip or fall through. The pre-buy was the most difficult part of selling my last plane. The buyer flew his uncle in for a two hour pre-buy and flight. It was the best possible outcome. I would bring a mechanic from here if I could. 

Edited by PilotX
Spelling