Hope in OKC

GeeBee

I see now that Dr. Susan Northrup has been appointed the new Federal Air Surgeon. I hope to see good things coming as she was the SE regional and before that worked for the airlines getting pilots back in the air. She wants to move away from snail mail to e-mail and getting faster responses. From what I have seen of her in the past, she has a pretty common sense approach so I hope things will improve.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

I’m impressed with her resume and accomplishments.  Instead of yet another career bureaucrat appointment, the aviation community instead gets a pilot and aircraft owner who is also a retired USAF colonel who was involved with overseas assignments in combat zones?  What was the FAA thinking?

https://nbaa.org/press-releases/nbaa-welcomes-dr-susan-northrup-as-new-faa-federal-air-surgeon/

Most promising.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

It really should be easy for 3rd class.   If you wake up drive to the airport walk from your car to the plane get it out,  start it up and take off you are good to go. 

Reminds of a joke that went something like this:

A few senior citizens are complaining at lunch in a retirement home.

"My knees are so bad I can barely walk."

"My hips are so bad I can't sit down for more than 5 minutes"

"My hearing is so bad I can barely hear my favorite television show."

"My eyesight is so bad I can barely read the newspaper."

"My memory is so bad I have a hard time recognizing my family."

There's a long silence, then someone cheerfully pipes up

"Well, at least we can still drive!"