Factory shut temporarily due to Texas cold snap

PT20J

I heard from Kevin Kammer that the factory is currently shut due to natural gas restrictions and rolling power blackouts. Also, Stacey Ellis is no longer with Mooney. So, if you are trying to contact the factory, best to hold off until the situation improves if you can.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

5 hours ago, PT20J said:

Also, Stacey Ellis is no longer with Mooney.

Life changes, no matter how much we might not care for the change.  

I am very sad to hear this news. This is quite shocking.

Stacey was an incredibly huge part of the Mooney legacy through so many transitions over so many years.  He is, and was one of the “Boots” stars of our movie about the wonderful people who built Mooney and stuck with the factory for years and years, through it all.

Stacey was a completely dedicated employee for the Mooney legacy.  He was the main glue that helped keep all together.  One could not ask for a more dedicated person. What a HUGE loss!!

I’m sincerely hoping Stacey has found another path that will make him very happy.  Thank you Stacey Ellis for all.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, carusoam said:

Oh noooooooooo....

Where did Stacy go?

Stacy made it through several owners... held the fort down through the Great Recession...

Was known to give status reports on parts and the company...

I hope there is sunshine wherever he is going... :)

Best regards,

-a-

I believe he went across the runway from the factory

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

You’re airplane crazy because you have, or have retired from gainful employment which has made that a possibility. 

I was airplane crazy as a young child. Growing up didn't change it . . . Moved from plastic models to balsa and tissue, failed the Navy flight physical for not having 20/20 eyesight, added engines to models then RC, then found I could fly as a civilian!

And that's all she wrote--made that 95 Accord last until 2012, when I inherited a 2004 Ranger which I sold a year ago.

Not paying for some things allowed paying for other things instead. 

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

In that case, if he went to Dugosh, he will still be a huge asset to the Mooney community

As was “Mr Terrible” (dearest Bill Wheat) when Mooney let him go and he too went across the runway to Dugosh.

Stacey following in Bill’s footsteps you say ?  :)