req. mooney type training in europe

sekomel

hello everyone

I’ve searched the whole site but could not find any information about it, do u guys know any training organisations, or flight schools in europe that have ‘mooney’ type aircrafts in their organisations? 

I want to have mooney type difference training, I have both atpl and ppl (trained in cessna type) but I have never flown with any mooney type airplane so far.

so can someone please give me a hand about that?

thanks a million & all the best

Welcome aboard sekomel!

Stand by for our European members to stop in...

We have a thread around here collecting data on renting and training in Mooneys in the US...

That may be a bit far for you... but, something to consider if you can’t find what you are looking for at home...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Westflug in Aachen seems like your best bet for transition & rental 

I am EASA & CAA CRI(A), so I can help with dual hours & complex sign-off in owned M20J if not far away from London/Paris 

Edited by Ibra
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tmo said:

I understand OP has their own M20J and wants transition training. @sekomel can you please clarify if you have a plane and just need a FI with Mooney experience, or both a plane and a FI?

@terbang - don't you have a FI rating? Also maybe @Ibra?

hello tmo

thanks for help, yes you are correct (my mistake actually not explained that clearly before) we just bought m20j mooney, ‘93 and need to type transition training.. so overall we just need a FI.. 

1 hour ago, terbang said:

Ah, sorry, in this case I got it wrong. But yes, I'm an EASA FI(A). I'm based in the Southwest of Germany if this helps.

hi terbang,

thanks for the help!

we can come there and do the trainings actually, can u send me an email so we can move on for the details, please?

it is zalaltuntasserkan@gmail.com 

39 minutes ago, Ibra said:

Westflug in Aachen seems like your best bet for transition & rental 

I am EASA & CAA CRI(A), so I can help with dual hours & complex sign-off in owned M20J if not far away from London/Paris 

hello ibra

thanks a lot for the help.

well, we are currently live in Istanbul, but we can make it there to get the training, no problems.

sorry my mistake :)

no, I can’t do that as I don’t feel ready to fly.. 

I mean we can get either Ibra’s or your base by commercial plane to get the training..

ps: (in this case, we wll need a mooney as well) I’ve checked ibra’s place has two mooneys there..but don’t know yours..

..unless if you want to come istanbul (expenses on me of course) and do the training here with our plane..

Edited by sekomel

15 minutes ago, sekomel said:

unless if you want to come istanbul

I am sure @terbang would fly that one in a single leg but yes very tricky these days :lol:

Way easier to get transition in Westflug in Aachen, and surely they have some available local instructors 

Training becomes complicated with various registrations & airspaces, I guess your aircraft is now TC-registred? EASA-reg? or N-reg?
The M20J I fly is US registred but I am not an FAA CFI...

Edited by Ibra
  • Haha 1

I can imagine (covid-19) :/

exactly, reg issue is the another issue..my airplane is tc reg (you are correct) it is tc-azk, m20j, ‘93..

do u have any contacts from westflug? @terbang is not available till end of march and we (my wife and I) are both first officers at turkish airlines and we have only one annual leave which first week of march so..

thanks for the all helps, indeed..