1967 Mooney M20F Lo Presti kit

On 4/11/2021 at 11:23 PM, AerostarDriver said:

You need a J spinner but you need the right compatibility of lengths. My understanding is the stock 2 blade that came on the E and F models will not work with the longer cowl of the J. If you have an after market 3 blade or retrofit 2 blade or the 2 blade from a J (if you have the correct engine for it) you will likely be fine assuming you have the backplate and spinner for a J. The previous owner of my plane found it easier to order the Top prop for the J rather then continue to do the 100 hour eddy current inspections.

I don't believe that is correct. I am running the stock prop on my F with the Lopresti Cowling. Only change was the spinner and bulkhead which I found used off Mooney Space for a very reasonable price.

On 4/13/2021 at 11:38 AM, 75_M20F said:

I don't believe that is correct. I am running the stock prop on my F with the Lopresti Cowling. Only change was the spinner and bulkhead which I found used off Mooney Space for a very reasonable price.

When the bulkhead eventually cracks, buy the polished spinner from LASAR. I’m as cheap as they come, but the $2000 for the Hartzell part that I had to eventually buy would have been better spent the first time I had a bulkhead crack rather than the two used ones that I went through with unknown time on them. 

1 hour ago, FloridaMan said:

When the bulkhead eventually cracks, buy the polished spinner from LASAR. I’m as cheap as they come, but the $2000 for the Hartzell part that I had to eventually buy would have been better spent the first time I had a bulkhead crack rather than the two used ones that I went through with unknown time on them. 

Can you share your performance numbers for the OP? It’s the reason I tagged you.

Edited by Shadrach