Anyone have the weight and balance pages for a 66E?

I just noticed that I don't have the wt/bal station information.  The only one listed on the Mooney website is for the F model.  No information in the POH or service manual...  I'm told there's a separate wt/bal manual for the older birds.  Any one have a digital copy?

Edited by flyingchump

2 hours ago, carusoam said:

Great document Tahir!

Thanks for sharing that...

It is often tucked in with the ship’s logs... but not always recognized as the important document that it is...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks Anthony! First thing I did when I got the plane was reorganize the binder & logbooks, then digitally scanned everything. Took a whole 4 days but was worth it in the long run. 

• Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 1:09 PM, Tahir K said:

I have attached a file. See if this is what you are looking for.

Actual Weight & Balance Data (1966).pdf 4.45 MB · 17 downloads

OOO!!  That's great info.  

Yea... the paperwork that came with my plane did not have anything like this...  I didn't know to ask.

Would this be something I should have been notified of during my pre-buy inspection?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flyingchump said:

OOO!!  That's great info.  

Yea... the paperwork that came with my plane did not have anything like this...  I didn't know to ask.

Would this be something I should have been notified of during my pre-buy inspection?  

Use caution when setting expectations of a PPI...

There are no standards for this...

Some people are interested in the bare min... compression check, corrosion, sealant quality...

If you don’t specify what you want in a PPI... there isn’t a shouldn’t that have been done to follow up with...

If you didn’t use a Mooney specific mechanic... the chance of him knowing where mid 60s WnB documents can be found is pretty slim...

When I bought my M20C with the bare min PPI.... it didn’t have checklists, or an owners manual...  the previous owner probably didn’t do WnB calculations... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

7 hours ago, carusoam said:

If you don’t specify what you want in a PPI... there isn’t a shouldn’t that have been done to follow up with...

This being my first plane...  I didn't know what to ask for.

Good to know. 

I emailed Mooney yesterday to see what they can offer me.  Given the power outages and temperatures in Texas right now... I'll don't expect an answer overnight. 

Stay warm guys! 

Tahir's info is enough but I need to recreate all that for my bird.

• Like 1

fc,

While in contact with the factory...

Ask about getting the newest version of the POH for your plane... it will be about 1977...

The legal arrow document for your plane is the 66 OM, you should have a copy of that too...

As a first time owner... I used this box with a dial on the front to call the factory... every house had one... :)

I was hunting for all the data I could find....

With the POH in hand... logs spread out... the aha! Moment was reviewing all the various pieces of paper jammed in the files...

The WnB looks like a hand typed document from a mechanical typewriter... awesome and scary at the same time...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Let me know if you are missing anything else. I can see if I have any other misc documents you might be looking for since I have a 66E as well. If you need help reorganizing or creating a binder for your plane I'd be more than happy to explain the steps that I took. Shoot me a PM anytime!

-Tahir

• Like 1

I am challenged by this post because we are forced at home to do a weighing every 5 years or every major modification (painting, equipment), that the weighing / centering sheet and the equipment list are two official documents that must be in the documents of the aircraft.

Edited by Raymond J
  • Like 1

The weight and balance and equipment list from the factory is required to be with the airplane. That is the official document that all the changes to the airplane are based on. Each time the airplane is altered and a 337 is filled out, the chain of weight and balance and equipment changes lead back to the original document. If you don’t have it, you will have to have a full W&B and equipment list generated for your airplane. Hopefully the factory has a copy. You can have the FAA send you a CD with all the 337’s on file for your airplane. 
Raymond, in the US part 91 airplanes do not have to be weighed if you have the documents with all the changes. Transport category aircraft (part 121) are required to be weighed every 2 years.