How I remove my cowling alone

xcrmckenna

I like the knee technique on the lower cowl. I use a rubbermaid box for my K cowl as it is too long to use the knee method on.

That’s a great idea. Any of the Mooneys with 6 cylinders we always make sure it’s a two person job. But we should get together and do a video of taking the cowling off your K... :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

As above, same as what I do, except for setting it on a Mechanic's Roller Seat from the Aviation Supply House, Harbor Freight.

Hey gents, and I can still do it at 71, of course with a few choice words thrown in.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As above, same as what I do, except for setting it on a Mechanic's Roller Seat from the Aviation Supply House, Harbor Freight.
Hey gents, and I can still do it at 71, of course with a few choice words thrown in.

Great idea. I have that stool. And at 40 I throw out a few choose words. I just edited them out of the video...;)

• Haha 1

Oh.. one other thing. I put duct tape all the way around the spinner with the sticky side forward. So you can rub the cowl against the spinner if needed without scratching anything. 

I like the duct tape for added security. I have a bunch of blue painters tape I used on the plane for other things. I might try that next time. Thanks for the tip!