Jump to content

Double up buttercup or how to get rid of your side gap


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I don't think we know that, but that's what they want you to believe. 

I won't stop you from wearing it if it makes you feel better. 

How did human civilization survive for all these millennia without masks?

Well, in a large local hospital, there have been no staff contraction of the virus...They have a strict wear protocol. The data seems to strongly support mask wearing.

Curious...do you wear a seat belt or a helmet? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Everyone calm down please.     To the OPs original point the only reason I put this on MS is 1) I actually care about the health and well being of some of the members here and 2) this impacts s

I refuse to live in fear of the rona.

For 2021 Adapted from CS Lewis who was living in the cold war where politicians could nuke everyone with the push of a button. Switched bombs and Microbes to fit today. Thanks to a friend for sharing

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, N201MKTurbo said:

How did human civilization survive for all these millennia without masks?

Many of them didn't.    It'd be kinda like saying "people survived the great plague, so sanitation isn't important", or "people survive cholera and dysentery, so clean water isn't important."

The desire is to cut down on unneccessary deaths.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wear a mask if you feel you need one.  All should not be forced to submit.

The death rate for earth is 100% everyone will certainly die.  We all want to put the odds in our favor for a long prosperous time here.

Should any of us figure out how not to die that could be either a blessing or a curse but that would be up to you to decide.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, N201MKTurbo said:

I don't think we know that, but that's what they want you to believe. 

I won't stop you from wearing it if it makes you feel better. 

How did human civilization survive for all these millennia without masks?

We lost many. Measles killed 90% of native Americans. Black Plague killed 1/3 of Europeans.  Spanish flu killed 50,000,000 people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, 1964-M20E said:

Wear a mask if you feel you need one.  All should not be forced to submit.

The death rate for earth is 100% everyone will certainly die.  We all want to put the odds in our favor for a long prosperous time here.

Should any of us figure out how not to die that could be either a blessing or a curse but that would be up to you to decide.

I would agree if the person not wearing the mask, owned the entire risk and it could only impact them....this risk potential impacts others. Essentially by not wearing a mask, they are forcing others to accept the risk of covid without asking. 

I'd revise the wording to say, "Wear a mask if you feel like others may want you to" and who wouldnt? This illustrates the point.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RobertGary1 said:

We lost many. Measles killed 90% of native Americans. Black Plague killed 1/3 of Europeans.  Spanish flu killed 50,000,000 people. 

If they only had masks!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, N201MKTurbo said:

If they only had masks!

They were too busy executing heretics. 

One story I heard about the funny Inquisition "beak" masks was that they believed disease fell from comets, hence the masks with big downturned beaks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Masks as mandated and worn serve NO medical purpose. It is a control devise. Phyc-0ps 

At best mask wear may delay the inevitable. 
Unless this particular Covid virus is different than every other Covid virus the vaccine will be only partially effective and will need to be reformulated when the virus changes. 
This is not like polio. It will not be eliminated. This is like the seasonal flu it will constantly change. 

But, every person in the world WILL at some point be exposed to this virus. The mask will not stop the inevitability of that fact.

The virus is man made. It was not an accidental release. It was done on purpose. It is being used to coerce and control.

The “pandemic” will be over when it is politically expedient for it to be over.

The Spanish flu virus still exists. We don’t take a vaccine for it. It no longer kills. Food for thought.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Live by the sword...

Die by the sword...

 

If wearing a mask prevented GU landings....

You would be feeling the heat at the mere mention of the freedom to not wear a mask... :)

PP thoughts only, I did have the opportunity to study particle size, HEPA filtration, and wearing masks, and hats, and tyvek bunny suits... and doubling up in sensitive areas... :)

Having a portable particle sensor is a powerful tool...

I also ate breakfast next to a person that had caught the virus the day before...  glad they weren’t across the table from me...

Best regards,

-a-

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, EricJ said:

A counterpoint to whether people think masks work or not is to ask whether they're comfortable with the entire surgery staff not wearing them the next time they get invasive surgery.   Then all of a sudden most people think they work.  ;)

Well . . . there have been studies demonstrating that masks in the operating room are, for the most part, not valuable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for the record.

‘my father in law was in the “Covid unit”

my wife had to “gown up” new mask, gloves, gown and head cover to see him.

‘I was not allowed in.

No staff on the unit were wearing masks outside of patient rooms.
 

My wife thought it odd that she was completely covered but no staff at all were.

He stayed in the Covid unit until he tested negative.

Two weeks later he returned because of a UTI. poor hospital hygiene caused it.

he was put back in the Covid unit.

while in the hospital every positive test is recorded as a new case. 
he alone accounted for 14 “new” Covid cases.

Statistics lie and liars quote statistics.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FJC said:

I would agree if the person not wearing the mask, owned the entire risk and it could only impact them....this risk potential impacts others. Essentially by not wearing a mask, they are forcing others to accept the risk of covid without asking. 

I'd revise the wording to say, "Wear a mask if you feel like others may want you to" and who wouldnt? This illustrates the point.

How about you wear the correct mask that protects YOU, an N95 and let the rest of us decide how we want to protect ourselves which may mean we choose not to wear one? Enough of this guilt crap which does nothing but pit us against each other. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RJBrown said:

Masks as mandated and worn serve NO medical purpose. It is a control devise. Phyc-0ps 

At best mask wear may delay the inevitable. 
Unless this particular Covid virus is different than every other Covid virus the vaccine will be only partially effective and will need to be reformulated when the virus changes. 
This is not like polio. It will not be eliminated. This is like the seasonal flu it will constantly change. 

But, every person in the world WILL at some point be exposed to this virus. The mask will not stop the inevitability of that fact.

The virus is man made. It was not an accidental release. It was done on purpose. It is being used to coerce and control.

The “pandemic” will be over when it is politically expedient for it to be over.

The Spanish flu virus still exists. We don’t take a vaccine for it. It no longer kills. Food for thought.

 

 

Mmmmmkay. 
I take my advice from real Doctors such as Bradp, not auto mechanics.  I’d suggest everyone else do the obvious, too.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jetdriven said:

Mmmmmkay. 
I take my advice from real Doctors such as Bradp, not auto mechanics.  I’d suggest everyone else do the obvious, too.  

What is erroneous in my statement or are you reduced to ad hominun attacks when no other facts do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jetdriven said:

Mmmmmkay. 
I take my advice from real Doctors such as Bradp, not auto mechanics.  I’d suggest everyone else do the obvious, too.  

Ok Bryan, take your advice from whoever, but don’t preach to us how you’re so much better than those of us who don’t agree with you.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Always amazing when bright people disagree on basic science. Masks, climate change, seat belts, helmets. And feel their personal needs do not affect others, even when others get hurt or have to pay for their right to hurt themselves or be selfish. People become more emotional than rational.  Generations will look back and not believe it, that some said the earth is flat. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smiles201 said:

Always amazing when bright people disagree on basic science. Masks, climate change, seat belts, helmets. And feel their personal needs do not affect others, even when others get hurt or have to pay for their right to hurt themselves or be selfish. People become more emotional than rational.  Generations will look back and not believe it, that some said the earth is flat. 

It's not amazing when bright people disagree on new and unknown/poorly supported science.  Don't confuse political motivation/posturing with actual science and well established facts.

And, do let me know when you come up with an example of pretty much any individual human activity that does NOT affect others.  The argument that an individual's action affects others, thus justifying limitless control, leads to totalitarianism whereby every aspect of an INDIVIDUAL's life is controlled by group-think because it would all so selfish to do otherwise.  That is the slippery slope we are on and, that is NOT freedom.  Life is a risk and part of that risk IS living with the actions and consequences of others; like it or not.  I am NOT saying COVID is to be brushed off, but I do think it has become a poster child for FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) resulting in politically motivated overreach.

Meantime, please don't trot out the tired guilt trip on me.  I'm going to continue to wash my hands, stay home if I'm sick, and wear a mask when I'm forced to (inside businesses), but NOT out of fear, and poorly established 'science.'

Generations may well look back on this 'pandemic' and wonder why we stopped living, and destroyed small businesses over a virus!

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MikeOH said:

It's not amazing when bright people disagree on new and unknown/poorly supported science.  Don't confuse political motivation/posturing with actual science and well established facts.

And, do let me know when you come up with an example of pretty much any individual human activity that does NOT affect others.  The argument that an individual's action affects others, thus justifying limitless control, leads to totalitarianism whereby every aspect of an INDIVIDUAL's life is controlled by group-think because it would all so selfish to do otherwise.  That is the slippery slope we are on and, that is NOT freedom.  Life is a risk and part of that risk IS living with the actions and consequences of others; like it or not.  I am NOT saying COVID is to be brushed off, but I do think it has become a poster child for FUD (fear, uncertainty, and doubt) resulting in politically motivated overreach.

Meantime, please don't trot out the tired guilt trip on me.  I'm going to continue to wash my hands, stay home if I'm sick, and wear a mask when I'm forced to (inside businesses), but NOT out of fear, and poorly established 'science.'

Generations may well look back on this 'pandemic' and wonder why we stopped living, and destroyed small businesses over a virus!

I'm sure glad I retired to the ranch. My only wish is that I could have been born 10 years earlier and probably wouldn't have had to put up with any of this mess!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Acid rain,not

ozone depletion really?

next ice age, didn’t happen,

global warming, fits well with next ice age. Both were used politically to gain the same result.

”Climate change” rebranded global warming.

“carbon footprint” political buzzword with no real meaning. Life on earth is Carbon based. Without carbon life does not exist. How can carbon be “Evil” if it is the very basis of ALL life on this planet. Takes real “basic” science to call carbon evil.

‘if this is “Basic Science” the the word Basic has lost its meaning and now means “politically expedient” 

as in we self righteously call it science but it’s just political leftist grandstanding.
can I be any blunter.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels

the media has become the propaganda arm of the liberal view. 
If it is pushed in the media it is by definition a lie.

If it is censored by media and tech it Must be the truth.

The same forces that burned books in Berlin are busy in America today.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if joe goebells said something really intelligent in his time...

would it be thoughtful to repeat it here, today?

let’s stay focused on the issues related to flight, flight safety, and how to get along with the rest of the community...

The next election isn’t for another year and a half...

let it rest...

Find another Avenue...

Stay positive...

Share your solution to common challenges...

I hear you.  I feel for you. I wish you well.

Best regards,

-a-

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FJC said:

Well, in a large local hospital, there have been no staff contraction of the virus...They have a strict wear protocol. The data seems to strongly support mask wearing.

Curious...do you wear a seat belt or a helmet? 

When I had the COVID my wife and mother in law didn't wear masks or distance, social or otherwise, and neither got it. Just because the staff didn't get sick, doesn't mean the masks had anything to do with it. Was there a control group that didn't wear masks that we can compare?

I wear a seat belt in the airplane all the time, in the truck about half the time, I wear a helmet on my dirt bike, because I know I will have horrendous crashes. I wear a helmet skating because I know I'll crash because it reduces the bleeding. I wear a helmet when riding my bike to keep the club members from giving me a hard time. I only wear a helmet on my street motorcycle when I go on a long trip because of the wind noise. This is America we get to make our own choices.(well, we used to anyway)

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sabremech said:

How about you wear the correct mask that protects YOU, an N95 and let the rest of us decide how we want to protect ourselves which may mean we choose not to wear one? Enough of this guilt crap which does nothing but pit us against each other. 

I do wear highly rated masks but recognize that not everyone can afford a $4 dollar mask or given the money, they'd have to use it on something else for whatever reason (no judgement: could be making sure they little ones dont go without). I think we need to build and support community and help/encourage EVERYONE to get through this pandemic. We do not have perfect information and data but we do know how to stop or greatly slow virus spread. It is not a guilt thing and it certainly isnt crap and sorry if this is offensive to you...its simply asking for people to do the right thing especially those that can and because the science seems to support it. We know seatbelts save lives and so do masks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RJBrown said:

Acid rain,not

ozone depletion really?

next ice age, didn’t happen,

global warming, fits well with next ice age. Both were used politically to gain the same result.

”Climate change” rebranded global warming.

“carbon footprint” political buzzword with no real meaning. Life on earth is Carbon based. Without carbon life does not exist. How can carbon be “Evil” if it is the very basis of ALL life on this planet. Takes real “basic” science to call carbon evil.

‘if this is “Basic Science” the the word Basic has lost its meaning and now means “politically expedient” 

as in we self righteously call it science but it’s just political leftist grandstanding.
can I be any blunter.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”
Joseph Goebbels

the media has become the propaganda arm of the liberal view. 
If it is pushed in the media it is by definition a lie.

If it is censored by media and tech it Must be the truth.

The same forces that burned books in Berlin are busy in America today.

Just look what happened to Gina Carano.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought we were brought together in this forum by means of our love for and ownership of mooney aircraft.

Why must politics and religion creep in here, which are merely divisive forces?

Not interested.

Try Facebook/Twitter

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FlyingDude said:

I thought we were brought together in this forum by means of our love for and ownership of mooney aircraft.

Why must politics and religion creep in here, which are merely divisive forces?

Not interested.

Try Facebook/Twitter

I agree completely!

But @bradpstarted it, he started a thread that had nothing to do with aviation in the least.

I would be happy if the moderator just deleted non-aviation threads, they just drive us apart!

I guess I could choose to abstain, but some statements just can't be left alone.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.