Double up buttercup or how to get rid of your side gap

bradp

1 hour ago, jetdriven said:

I apologize for calling you a RWNJ and insinuating you would shoot up a clinic. People can read your posts and infer their own opinion from that. 

But here's the deal, the site is not the place for conspiracy theories, COVID denial, global warming denial, and inflammatory political posts.  You managed to check all the boxes in three posts on one page.  This is CERTAINLY it is not the place to state that Nazis are running the government. Take that stuff to Parler.  It's like you're cruising for a fight, even took a shot of Anthony who is like the nicest guy I've ever met.   It's the same old thing... Somebody posts  inflammatory material, other people respond, then it turns into a "muddy the water" and then " both sides do it"  big shit fight.   It doesnt belong here. There are plenty of venues for that.

The OP posted it because it related to commercial air travel and the minimal space for passengers.

Little Timmy keeps trying to come back . . . .

• Like 2

20 hours ago, amillet said:

How did human civilization survive for all these millennia without masks?

They lived in small isolated family groups in Caves?

In 200 years, science has allowed us to double the average human lifespan.  So in answer, humans did not survive very long without modern medicine.  The germ theory of disease wasn’t even really understood until late 1800s. Antibiotics, modern maternal care, vaccines, etc all makes us live longer.  As do, these days, masks.

Edited by Becca
  • Like 4

This particular virus is the result of “modern medicine” The selfish and dangerous actions of bad actors in China and America created it. 
 Modern medicine has contributed to but has not been the only factor in extending life. Agriculture and sanitation are important changes in today’s increase life spans. Bringing clean food and water practices to 3rd world countries make the difference today. 
The single biggest change that took the life spans of Americans from under forty to near 80 is the near elimination of infant mortality. 

Everyone calm down please.  

To the OPs original point the only reason I put this on MS is 1) I actually care about the health and well being of some of the members here and 2) this impacts sharing cockpit space.  

During my last BFR/IPC I swear we spent the better part of an hour figuring out what the best method for keeping both of us healthy in the same shared 18 cu feet of cabin.  That’s it.  That’s the limitation.  My current CFI paused all flying and instruction for several months because of the pandemic.   I’ve put off pursuing my next cert and haven’t done nearly as much training or flying as I’d have liked this past year .  The point is to find practical solutions to keep flying, training, learning etc.  

This is no different than asking the group what the second dose of vaccine will be like.  The FAA opines on medical issues including masks and therefore medical and health related issues are to be considered.  Look the FAA has a website dedicated to guidance on the topic.

https://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviation_industry/airline_operators/airline_safety/safo/all_safos/media/2020/SAFO20009.pdf

https://www.faa.gov/coronavirus/guidance_resources/

To the folks that want to start an emotionally laden mud fight at the mere mention of a mask - just click ignore topic  do your thing and move on.  

I will continue to read the primary literature and post what I see fit as it applies to our aviation pursuits. 

If anyone needs to see it to believe it, come to Wilmington, I’ll bring you to the Covid unit and the adult ICUs and you can see what it’s like.  You will have to wear a mask on the hospital grounds, including in public spaces, however, because that is the rule.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, RJBrown said:

This particular virus is the result of “modern medicine” The selfish and dangerous actions of bad actors in China and America created it. 
 Modern medicine has contributed to but has not been the only factor in extending life. Agriculture and sanitation are important changes in today’s increase life spans. Bringing clean food and water practices to 3rd world countries make the difference today. 
The single biggest change that took the life spans of Americans from under forty to near 80 is the near elimination of infant mortality. 

How do we feel about the elimination of smoking?

how many people in your family died of heart attacks, lung disease, and cancer... directly related to smoking?

Know anyone that has passed from liver disease... brought on by inability to stop drinking alcohol...?

In your area of work... was the inhalation of asbestos ever a concern? Was Bendix brakes the evil empire...

Would you buy another BK product, knowing that?

How about all the good things a company like J&J has done... full up with good scientists doing good work...  how about the continuous law suits they fight because some asbestos has shown up in natural sources?

Do you remember the Love Canal..?

Are you familiar with the EPA?  Is the EPA a good entity, or an evil government body causing damage to your business..?

RJ, believe it or not... you may be right... there are known bad actors... and you may be supporting them in your IRA, 401k, or 503B...

Like these topics... there are websites for them too... go there, take part openly with people that share your views...

Timmy was a defining thread... we discussed the finer points of freedom of speech...

Where it applies, and where it doesn’t...

We also defined what was acceptable posting in public around here... and some things that were definitely not...

There are plenty of topics more important than aviation... (?)

There are plenty of places those discussions belong...

Step down from the soap box...

Put the megaphone down...

Plan a good flight...

Check the weather...

Go fly!

From a similar discussion, we have this memorable quote....

Spam, Spam, spam spam.......

- M. Python

How can MS help you?

:)

Best regards,

-a-

18 hours ago, Becca said:

It appears you have more time to read MS than read mask mandates.   Virginia, for instance, has significant guidance on what type of mask to wear and how to wear it -- linking back to the CDC guidance to the same --- on their mandate page page, but somehow I doubt you care but clearly the mask you posted would not be compliant:

https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/cloth-face-covers/#mask-tips

ROTFLMAO!  "Do not use a mask made of vinyl."