Consolidated Listing of Mooney CFI / CFIIs For Checkouts by Area and Model Types

MooneyPoor

All,

thanks for the patience...it's been a crazy month and a half. I think most of the NE descended upon FL and GA for spring break. Folks traveling like crazy putting me way behind on most everything. I have updated the spreadsheet. If you are looking for a Mooney CFI, sort on your state to see if a CFI is listed, if not expand to nearby states. There are a couple of CFIs who travel so be sure to look them up as well.

I looked into a website designs but I think Preston has a good jump on that and while I tried to design something quickly my trial offer ran out during the craziness. So enough rambling...the spreadsheet is attached on page one's initial posting for now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MooneyPoor said:

I looked into a website designs but I think Preston has a good jump on that and while I tried to design something quickly my trial offer ran out during the craziness. So enough rambling...the spreadsheet is attached on page one's initial posting for now.

Yep! airCFI.com is growing pretty well. Over 70 listings and many of them from Mooney pilots. I'll go check your spreadsheet and try and invite those on it to the site. It works better if the CFIs/CFIIs post the listing themselves and can interact with students that way

20 minutes ago, Prestonalton said:

Yep! airCFI.com is growing pretty well. Over 70 listings and many of them from Mooney pilots. I'll go check your spreadsheet and try and invite those on it to the site. It works better if the CFIs/CFIIs post the listing themselves and can interact with students that way

Preston,

I’m probably an internet dinosaur... :)

See if you can help me out...

I’m looking for the answer for when somebody asks...

I need Transition Training from a Mooney specific CFII....

Can I get that answer from the airCFI site?

I typed Mooney in the search but didn’t get anything related to Mooney experience...

FM’s list is growing with all CFIs with various Mooney specific details... but not nearly as user friendly as your site...

Best regards,

-a-

Just now, carusoam said:

I’m looking for the answer for when somebody asks...

I need Transition Training from a Mooney specific CFII....

Can I get that answer from the airCFI site?

I typed Mooney in the search but didn’t get anything related to Mooney experience...

Best regards,

-a-

Yep, if you type "Mooney" about 6 listings will show up. These are people who have Mooney experience or are a Mooney specific CFI. You can then message them or click on their profile for more information. My goal is to get more people who have responded on this thread to join the site and create a profile...

Haven't had more than the current 6 sign up, but i'm sending messages/emails soliciting CFIs/CFIIs to sign up. @MooneyPoor has the list...i've got the site. We've just got to combine the two now

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kyle Koukol said:

Hi @MooneyPoor,

Do you mind adding me to the list as well? CFI based in San Francisco Bay Area. I also have a CFI, CFII, MEI brother that is based in the Sacramento area. His name is Keenan Koukol and is also happy to help anybody in need of a Mooney instructor.

Hi Kyle - Could you send over Keenan’s contact info? Looking for a Mooney CFII in Sacramento. I’m at jimhodgson (at) gmail (dot) com. Many thanks!

jim

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I think I've sent a message to most who have posted on this thread. If you haven't already, head over to airCFI.com and post a listing of the services you offer. 

If you are looking for a CFI/Mooney Transition instructor and can't find anything on the site, feel free to post under the "Jobs Available" category. 

Big thanks to all who have posted listings already! If anyone has any questions/comments/concerns feel free to let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/27/2021 at 10:29 PM, FlyingFool said:

What is a CFI-A and CFI-G.  Serious question.  I've never seen this before. 

Thanks,

Technically should be CFI - ASE or AME or ASME.   Glider is only G. Helicopter is RH.  Gyro Plane is RG.

And CFII, should specify IA or IH, that is Instrument Airplane or Instrument Helicopter.

Edited by Pinecone
  • Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...