Consolidated Listing of Mooney CFI / CFIIs For Checkouts by Area and Model Types

MooneyPoor

1 hour ago, MooneyPoor said:

Yeah this is very true although insurance doesn’t seem to care much about that transition lol

If you look at the breakdown of your premium, you'll see their biggest concern is paying for damage to your airplane. That's still more about loss of control, takeoffs and landings, and low-level maneuvering than pressing buttons. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, y2kiah said:

Jeff Kiah CFII/MEI, KOMN, M20J

Thanks and I’ll add you now!   

think the list is near 45 and there are still some known folks who haven’t put their names forward here yet. I have also included some names from folks on Facebook Mooney groups who have asked to be listed. 

today I sent a couple names from the list to someone on Facebook for their transition into a Bravo in Florida. So this is scalable if I can get admin support on both sides.  

I was looking at your list just out of curiosity.  How is the Search supposed to work?

I put in my city, where there is no actual airport, and just NY and did not get any hits.  Does it only work if you happen to search the airport the CFI is actually located at?  So if I put in an airport 20 miles away, I won't get a hit?

Again...  just curious.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PeteMc said:

I was looking at your list just out of curiosity.  How is the Search supposed to work?

I put in my city, where there is no actual airport, and just NY and did not get any hits.  Does it only work if you happen to search the airport the CFI is actually located at?  So if I put in an airport 20 miles away, I won't get a hit?

Again...  just curious.

I’m still compiling CFIs. It’s a slow grind and some folks who we all know haven’t put their name in the hat yet either. Which makes the list somewhat incomplete. Hopefully, I’ll have a day off here soon and get a decent looking draft of current instructors I have compiled to date. 

I haven’t received anyone from NY but I do have 1 in Connecticut, 2in Baltimore/Washington, and a couple in PA “near” you. 

frank

I figured it out...   The size of my Firefox window happened to cut off your page right under the rotating map.  So I did not see any of the names below the map and thought that was the end of the page. 

When I then used the Search field it took me to a page that didn't really help.  Even the items I found in the search that referred back to your site brought me back to the same view of your page and I had no clue all the name were just down lower on the page. 

Might I suggest that you change that search field to search only your page/site, not go out to do a web search.

And it's a great idea.  I looked at it because someone was asking about a Mooney CFI a few days before I saw your post.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, PeteMc said:

I figured it out...   The size of my Firefox window happened to cut off your page right under the rotating map.  So I did not see any of the names below the map and thought that was the end of the page. 

When I then used the Search field it took me to a page that didn't really help.  Even the items I found in the search that referred back to your site brought me back to the same view of your page and I had no clue all the name were just down lower on the page. 

Might I suggest that you change that search field to search only your page/site, not go out to do a web search.

And it's a great idea.  I looked at it because someone was asking about a Mooney CFI a few days before I saw your post.

@PeteMc  think @carusoamis the only one who has mastered the search functions :)  I’m about to post a rough draft attached to the initial post on  thread. It will give folks an early look to what we have.  I’ve been on the road this week and haven’t had a chance to make something easily searchable and user friendly yet.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donkaye said:

The best list so far is the Mooney Flyer List, but for my information it can be found at

http://www.donkaye.com/Flight_Instruction.html

I agree it’s a great resource. This forum gets a lot of attention of potential new owners  that maybe looking for transition help and instead of them recreating a thread awaiting responses or getting help they don’t need, it’s seems we could have the information here as well. By no means, will this replace Mooney flyers list . It’s another way to get the info out.  

I'm not a CFI, but I found one. 

Harold Dramstad  M20F time.

Vetter Aviation, Helena Mt.  406-443-0066

www.flyvetter.com

They have a M20F renter there.  $120 wet.

Seems like a really good rate; is that right?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, john buhrman said:

www.flyvetter.com

Yes. It does seem very reasonable. 

10 minutes ago, john buhrman said:

www.flyvetter.com

That's REALLY good.  I was paying $135/hr....four years ago...for a B model!

On 3/6/2021 at 10:22 AM, PeteMc said:

Again...  just curious.

Maybe I’ve missed something, but where is the link for the list?

Just now, RLCarter said:

Maybe I’ve missed something, but where is the link for the list?

Still in process, RLC...

Soooo many details... it’s hard to follow...

MooneyPoor has his hands full... and data continues to collect.

Its going to be a great resource, as it comes together...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

Just now, carusoam said:

Still in process, RLC...

Soooo many details... it’s hard to follow...

MooneyPoor has his hands full... and data continues to collect.

Its going to be a great resource, as it comes together...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

So what list was peteMc looking at above?

1 minute ago, RLCarter said:

So what list was peteMc looking at above?

I think Pete was looking to search through the finished product...

And found searching through this non-standardized data collection to be extra challenging...

Best regards,

-a-

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MooneyPoor said:

@Prestonalton I got your message and signed up on Air CFI. Actually referred someone else to the site as well. I’ll be in touch. 

@PHFlyer08  @Phil Ki got your info as well. 

Awesome! I saw that you signed up. Looks like we've been getting quite a few CFIs all over the US. I'm thinking of making something like a pen to advertise the website at FBOs around the US