Best of the Best...food that your Mooney can take you to.

Tony Starke

I want to know where I can get the best fried chicken in America. Not a hamburger, good old fashioned Southern fried chicken. So how about it? Where can my magic carpet fly me to for the best fried chicken in the USA? I want to hear from you chicken connoisseurs. Get me close, I'll Uber the final stretch. Who wants to join me?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tony Starke said:

I want to know where I can get the best fried chicken in America. Not a hamburger, good old fashioned Southern fried chicken. So how about it? Where can my magic carpet fly me to for the best fried chicken in the USA? I want to hear from you chicken connoisseurs. Get me close, I'll Uber the final stretch. Who wants to join me?

Come to Auburn, AL KAUO and take the courtesy vehicle one exit south on I-85 and eat at Pannie George's. They aren't open in Saturdays though. Best I've had anywhere, and I've had lots of fried chicken in lots of wheres. Ranks right up there next to Amish broasted chicken!  :wub:

• Like 2

On 2/10/2021 at 11:44 PM, gsxrpilot said:

Fly in to KFWS in Burleson, TX just south of Fort Worth. Grab the crew car and go to Babe's Chicken Dinner House.  

You can thank me later.

If you come to KFWS let me know when you’re coming and I’ll provide the road transportation to Babe’s. :D

• Like 1

One of the best steaks I’ve ever had was at TJ Highlands steak house in OSH. Im a steak guy and try to make it a point to find a great steak house everywhere I fly. TJ’s has a legit dry aged ribeye that was out of this world. Lobster bisque was amazing too. Creamed spinach was a 10! Great meal and I’m not easily impressed. Went there 2 nights in a row and ordered the same. Going from NY out west in the fall. Going to stop in OSH for fuel and a steak dinner. OSH is popular with the aviation crowd. Don’t miss it! 

https://tjshighlandsteakhouse.com/

• Like 1

The best fried chicken I ever had was my mother’s, when I was a kid on the farm. It was our Sunday meal every week after church. Chicken was as fresh as it could be. I won’t bore you with the details but i remember it like it was yesterday, even though it was 60 years ago.