252 prop governor removal.

Will.iam

Just now, Will.iam said:

Has anybody else had trouble getting the prop governor to release from the engine mount after removing the mounting bolts? Is there a trick to getting it free?

513A51AB-E225-4266-97AC-55A043258F49.jpeg

69BEA5F6-E9C4-49E2-9355-EFFB364526E9.jpeg

P. S. I took the first picture before i had removed the bottom bolt. All 4 bolts were removed. I would have thought it would come off the studs with a simple tug but alas no. Is there a governor puller or do you just tap it with a rubber mallet?

Wiggle the prop a little?   That'll move the drive gear if it's binding for some reason.   Otherwise, yeah, smack it gently on the base to try to loosen up any sealant that may have been applied.

That looks new.   Is it being removed for the AD?   If it's reasonably new it is likely not subject to the AD.

6 hours ago, EricJ said:

Wiggle the prop a little?   That'll move the drive gear if it's binding for some reason.   Otherwise, yeah, smack it gently on the base to try to loosen up any sealant that may have been applied.

That looks new.   Is it being removed for the AD?   If it's reasonably new it is likely not subject to the AD.

yes it is new as in installed Jul 2017. The previous owner had and email from McCauley stating that they would honor the warranty service even though the warranty expired 4 months before the mandate. But that is because the PO had found the issue in August and talk to them about knowing this was a problem for over a year and thus should be covered. The McCauley rep agreed and give him an email stating so. I fixing to find out how good McCauley stands by a service reps email. It’s $200 dollars if McCauley doesn't honor it. Special thanks to MS @hypertech for suggesting Tiffin Aire. Dennis there said he is intimately familiar with this issue working with McCauley and would have this turned around in 1 day! I just shipped it out UPS and it gets there this Thursday so hopefully I’ll see it Mon or Tuesday of next week. 

• Like 2