What is your checklist usage?

KB4

Checklist usage  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly use Checklists?

• Yes, I always use Checklists in all phases of flight
    • Yes, I use Checklists and FLOW checks in all phases of flight
    • Yes, but I have committed everything to memory, so I use Checklists as needed or as required
    • Yes, but I have committed everything to memory, so I use Checklists as needed or as required AND I also use FLOW checks
    • No, I have every item memorized so Checklist usage is minimal

On 2/7/2021 at 3:22 PM, Vance Harral said:

I actually wrote a short treatise on checklist design for a CFI candidate recently, pasted below for your consideration.

Thanks for sharing this Vance.  Good stuff. 

I also make my own checklists tailored to me and my airplane.  And encourage my students to do so. 

I think it's also important to number the checklist items.  When running the checklist saying the number out loud before the item helps to keep your place and not miss items.

Cheers,

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 3:16 PM, PT20J said:

I created this mnemonic myself back when I was doing a lot of instrument instruction. You would be surprised how many add power and then, I guess because the engine is making lots of noise, forget setting pitch for climb and trimming before doing other items associated with the missed approach.

Skip

I always liked this for go-around Cram Clean Climb Clean Communicate with 2 call outs “no-contact GA/MAP” and “Vy”

• Like 2