Resealing fuel tank

5 hours ago, Brian Coate said:

I usually get it at Lowe's.   I have never had trouble getting it.

That's most likely the substitute stuff.   Some people want the genuine stuff, which is difficult to find.   Maybe the tumors are of a better grade, I don't know.  ;)

On 2/6/2021 at 11:03 AM, Chris Hoefly said:

Any resources available, diagrams or videos, on how to open fuel tank access panels. And tips on sealing tanks. 
thanks 

First, use masking tape to protect the paint around panels.  Use drywall knife and soft rubber mallet to open access panels. Don't do up and down motions or you will bend the metal. Do side to side and in and out motion with light tapping with rubber mallet. 

The key for me was to use shop-vac to the vent in order to find exact location of leaks. This is what this method look like:

Patch the leaks with Flamemaster CS-3204 Class B-2 Integral Fuel Tank Sealant. 

Run another shop-vac test to ensure that you got all the leaks.

Apply CS 3600 top protective coat on the new tank sealant. Re-seal the access panels with CS-3330B-2 low adhesion sealant for easy access.

For references, check Mooney SM manual pages 7-5 thru 7-11.

Also this thread helped me A LOT: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1