WANTED: J-model Mooney

Me & 8883

As someone who just purchased one (albeit not with speed brakes), I can say that the market is extremely hot right now.  Be sure you've got alerts set on Trade-a-Plane, Controller, talk to brokers (see above), join all the Facebook Airplanes for Sale groups, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Me & 8883 said:

I'm located in Georgetown, Texas, just north of Austin.

Distance is no factor for a Mooney, I would be happy to connect you with your new airplane!  
@Gagarin’s long range fuel tanks make pretty much any place in the country a non-stop flight!

Good luck with your search, it’s out there!

-Joe
(Mooney ferry pilot for hire:))

2 hours ago, Ryan ORL said:

As someone who just purchased one (albeit not with speed brakes), I can say that the market is extremely hot right now.  Be sure you've got alerts set on Trade-a-Plane, Controller, talk to brokers (see above), join all the Facebook Airplanes for Sale groups, etc.

Even 2 years ago, you’ve got to be the first guy on site before a good example is gone. Consider it a part time job unless you’re paying a broker to dig on your behalf. 

A pilot relief is a must on long flights. Unlike pee bottles that you have to empty upon arrival. I Have the funnel and hose stored under the seat. I use a blanket on top for privacy. The hose is long enough for passengers use. The venturi on the belly creates suction on the funnel so no dripping happens when a female or male use it. 

5395108_ReliefVenturiinMooney.thumb.jpg.b68ee794a3abbc8590f4f9d3682d87f3.jpg

954634675_N11606atLAL.jpg.06ce77b9dfa0b4ccf1d1f9160f147a27.jpg

G530.JPG

13 hours ago, 201Steve said:

Even 2 years ago, you’ve got to be the first guy on site before a good example is gone. Consider it a part time job unless you’re paying a broker to dig on your behalf. 

What I had trouble accepting is that in this market, is that virtually nobody is seeing airplanes on site, in person.  I expected that I would travel to see airplanes in person then negotiate and get under contract.  But good airplanes are going under contract in a day or even hours, with multiple full-ask offers.  Everyone is buying sight unseen.   I lost out on 2-3 airplanes initially because I didn't know the buying process well and took a day or two to work out exactly what I wanted in the contract, etc.  By the time I called back, they were all under contract.

I found my J on a Facebook group, and I called the seller the day it went up.  He already had 10 calls and 3 serious buyers before I even called him.  This was on a Tuesday, I think, and he already had a buyer who had planned to come see the airplane on Saturday and put down a deposit.  I went under contract that evening on my airplane based on photos, logbooks, and a spec sheet.  I wired the deposit the next morning.  I didn't see it in person until a week later, but if it weren't local (~1.5 hours) to me, I wouldn't have likely seen it until the prebuy or even closing.

• Confused 1

For the pilot relief valve deal, I'm amazed that I actually like this idea.  It apparently was an idea long used by the military.  My questions are these:  What does this do to the underbelly paint job?  It would seem you would need to wash the underbelly frequently.  Also, wouldn't there be some freezing temperatures and cracking/kinking of the hose?  Is there a cap for the funnel so air isn't continuously sucked out of the cabin?  

1 hour ago, Me & 8883 said:

For the pilot relief valve deal, I'm amazed that I actually like this idea.  It apparently was an idea long used by the military.  My questions are these:  What does this do to the underbelly paint job?  It would seem you would need to wash the underbelly frequently.  Also, wouldn't there be some freezing temperatures and cracking/kinking of the hose?  Is there a cap for the funnel so air isn't continuously sucked out of the cabin?  

I can't believe the piss tube sold the bird for you Jose @Gagarin. Holy moley. Throw in your special can of deicing fluid and you've got a done deal!

Lessons in laminar flow....release pee an inch away from the paint, it will stay an inch away....

Washing the belly... as often as you like... there is an oily surface there already...

To find the source of the oily surface... check the case vent tube supplied by Lycoming...

:)

-a-

• Like 1