cannot figure out the part name

dominikos

Folks, I would really appreciate help with this one. I cannot figure out the name of this part and best way to go about fixing it/replacing. The holes have been getting bigger. I’ve tried reviewing mooney part catalog but I cannot find it there.

FD8AC55B-9028-4E72-B83A-D6046E1BF022.jpeg

It's just a "fairing".   Part no 30 in 32-11-00 in the M20J IPC.

You can remove it and patch the hole, fill it, etc., with common plastic or fiberglass repair techniques.   There are some threads around here about fixing them, or making fiberglass/carbon replacements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would put the plane on jacks and adjust the gear doors so that they don’t keep damaging the fairings. You can check price and availability, but most Mooney OEM parts are expensive, so I would give some thought to repairing them. There are products for repairing auto bumpers that might work. Perhaps someone else on MS has repaired some. Someone was also making some out of carbon fiber, but as Byron @jetdrivenpointed out, the originals have some flex which is probably a good thing. 
Skip
837907340_Screenshot2021-01-31at8_11_55PM.thumb.png.753f5553db90025d6964f8f719887b66.png

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 8.11.15 PM.png

• Like 3