Attended a Drive By Shooting Today

FoxMike

Attended a drive by shooting in Denver at Coors Field parking lot.  Got an invitation from UC health to set an appointment for getting shot this weekend.  Around 8:45 I showed up and joined a line of cars that drove through the parking lot.  I stopped twice, once to verify identify and again to get shot with Covid vaccine.  From there you park  in the lot for 10 minutes ( check for adverse reactions) then head home.  The whole process took 30 minutes.  It was very well run. My hat is off to those that organized this operation.  It was so much fun I am going to do it again late in February.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, FoxMike said:

Attended a drive by shooting in Denver at Coors Field parking lot.  Got an invitation from UC health to set an appointment for getting shot this weekend.  Around 8:45 I showed up and joined a line of cars that drove through the parking lot.  I stopped twice, once to verify identify and again to get shot with Covid vaccine.  From there you park  in the lot for 10 minutes ( check for adverse reactions) then head home.  The whole process took 30 minutes.  It was very well run. My hat is off to those that organized this operation.  It was so much fun I am going to do it again late in February.

I was hoping to be in that same conga line but haven't gotten the invite yet... maybe next week.

Only if you have been infected  you may get the symptoms again. 

I had the first shot and got the symptoms for a day and a half. 

My friend had not symptoms. 

The reason is the antibodies still active. 

I am getting the second shot in a week. 

Edited by Jonás

My wife and I attended one of them thar drive-by shootings last Wednesday. Other than mildly sore arms and very mild symptoms for about 24 hours, no issues. Ours was the Madonna (don’t know why they named it after her) vaccine, we’re due to go back at the end of February for our second round.  :)

2 hours ago, Ross Statham said:

My wife and I attended one of them thar drive-by shootings last Wednesday. Other than mildly sore arms and very mild symptoms for about 24 hours, no issues. Ours was the Madonna (don’t know why they named it after her) vaccine, we’re due to go back at the end of February for our second round.  :)

That would be Moderna, the name of the company that made it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jim,

Most all MSers are not sheep following the crowd...

I’m not sure if trusting the government is the issue... but follow this logic if you will...

It is More like the pharma companies not steering me wrong...

Trust but verify...

We have a few choices...

1) Get the virus... end result if you live, there can be long term side affects of having the virus... which isn’t really well known yet either... there have been some lasting side affects...

If you pass the virus to somebody else... is it their fault? ( get the vaccine, this becomes a non-issue )

2) Get the vaccine... You will most likely live, and have the long term side affects of the vaccine... know of any yet?

3) live away from human beings... the long term affects of low social interaction can really suck...  some religious sects do this... watch what happens when they spread the virus amongst themselves...

4) Multiply this times every vaccine available to people... like the MMR... should we be concerned there too? Sure...

5) For a good conspiracy conversation select your favorite airplane, and the governmental body that approved its AW document...

6) Let me know if you avoid flying a Boeing or an Airbus for any insider reason... your opinion really matters here...

7) If you think the FDA is different than the FAA... read their rules... they are both open to the public for reading...

8) when you have children, you have been through the same fears, several times...

9) You wince more, because their your children...you are making a decision, they have to live with...

10) You will hear more conspiracy theories from wacky neighborhood mommies and daddies who don’t have the cog strength to get past what sounds right to them...

11) Find experts on the subject ask them questions... be respectful when you do... you will get more complete answers that way...

12) MS has many pros working hands on in the dilemma... and sharing their logic...

13) How do you feel about your employer telling you need to have the vaccine to come to work?

14) If you can’t trust any finance guy, bank, or hedge fund, because Bernie Madoff was an evil genius... and Enron crushed its employees... and Henry Ford used up his employees...

15) If life is all about conspiracy theories...  We run out of time to live...

16) I’m still alive because some stranger dialed the phone for me... Science finished the job... life is pretty fragile...

17) Pick your best direction, and go with it...

18) don’t put all of your eggs in one basket...

19) Worry about the things that are in your control...

20) Always wear sunscreen...   :)

PP thoughts about things we can’t control, and what mom always said... and believing in humanity... humans are mostly good... because they want to be...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 4

You know you can attend those every night of the year here in Chicago!  If you drive a decent car (like a Camry or nicer, bonus points for a 90’s Impala) you may be able to give it up to some young kids/teenagers and see just how nice our Uber/Lyft coverage is too (just don’t be too surprised if they get carjacked on the ride before yours too).   

Yous guys don’t know the real Modena... (sense the Philly accent, I don’t have...)

Sure Italy is nice and so are Ferraris...

Modena is the the VOR outside of Philly....

Known to be the long way home for a few MSers like Marauder....

All V-roads lead to Modena in that neighborhood...

:)

Best regards,

-a-

9 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

You guys trust the vaccine?  

I was one of the first kids to get the Salk vaccine. Since I've received the Sabin, Pneumovax, Shingles, Influenza, Hep A, Typhoid, and now in processs Covid 19 (Moderna) You can trust the vaccine.

Thomas G. Stackhouse MD.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Jim Peace said:

You guys trust the vaccine?  

What are the long term effects?

Does it really work?

The govt would never steer you wrong I guess....

When the "politicians" gave the drug companies immunity from liability that was a major red flag! Long term side effects are an unknown. Does it really work, unknown. Do I trust the govt? Certain agencies over time have gained credibility, but that doesn't mean I trust the politicians running this mess! To me at this point it's like loading up an airplane to fly across the ocean at night without checking the weather or the shape of the airplane or fuel load because some politician says "trust me" it will be fine! They're asking for an awful lot of trust that they have not earned. I know there are no guarantees in life, but as pilots we learn to manage risk, and at this point for me the risk is just to great...... Just my two cents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HIghpockets said:

I was one of the first kids to get the Salk vaccine. Since I've received the Sabin, Pneumovax, Shingles, Influenza, Hep A, Typhoid, and now in processs Covid 19 (Moderna) You can trust the vaccine.

Thomas G. Stackhouse MD.

How many years were those vaccines tested compared to this one?  Oh by the way I have had many ATP pilots tell me it is safe to go in conditions when it was not....they owned the company and you know how that works....the Govt and these pharm companies own "the company". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I attended a bank robbery once.  I wasn't invited, and had to calm down the manager so he could call the police.  Got to talk to an FBI agent, who was tall, had a full head of hair and chiseled good looks and a dour. disposition.  Complimented the tellers on their reactions.  They were down on the whole thing, robber was clever and got away with lots of cash.  I told the tellers the cash was insured, and it would cost way more to patch bullet holes in them than they lost in the robbery.

16 hours ago, carusoam said:

I was singing your praises Ross!

Like a virgin, hey!

:)

-a-

Hey, glad SOMEONE's singing my praises.  Funny part about my "Madonna" instead of "Moderna" quote above was that my spell checker changed it to "Madonna"-- and I liked it so much I thought, "Why not?"  :);)   Or perhaps I've been spending too much time with the sales team here at work!!   (For those of y'all that don't know me, I'm a Managing Director at an outsourcing and recruiting firm when I'm not flying my Moooney....)

Like a surgeon, bubba-- or was that "sturgeon"?!!

• Haha 2

More news for Jim...

Drugs go through a few phases of development...

Phases 1, 2, 3, 4...

What happened quickly was the the whole preclinical development of the drug... that has been possible because technology has advanced so tremendously, every year...  remember when phones were attached to the wall, weighed a tone, and had a corded hand piece?  Then a few years ago... somebody finally defined the human genome... and took a year to copy it...

Today, you can spit in a cup, send it to 23 and me, and they can tell you way too much about yourself based on your personal genome... done so quickly, you will be annoyed about how long it takes to ship there...

Remember the other Corona viruses.... this wasn’t the first... it was novel... but much was already known about identifying it and disabling it... and how to make the new chemistry to disable the new virus...

Phase two: is where human trials begin... various dosing regimens get tested... lots of good numbers came from these tests immediately... this is when stock markets began their recoveries...

Phase 3: when things work well enough, phase three starts... that includes different gene pools, age groups... phases can overlap each other... but rushing leads to missed opportunities...

Commercialization is tested in phase 3... all the details required to produce with tremendous control... including training all of the people involved...

storage condition ranges get opened up in this phase... when able...

Phase 4: post commercialization... testing different delivery mechanisms of the same active ingredient...  it would be great if this was put in a liquigel and taken orally...  or every age group under the sun...

The process is incredibly well developed already... the pharma companies are in place already... the only thing new was the structure of the virus... it was similar to prior Covid viruses...

It appears to have happened quickly...   much quicker in appearance...

When it comes to government... and trust, or don’t trust...

The FDA independently approves the whole show... as the EMEA does for Europe. 

Very similar to the FAA working with Boeing... same documents, same procedures, same writers, same approvals...

All Ts and Is crossed and dotted...

All decided in advance... what needs to get done...   lots of 24hour days in a row... month after month...

Now...  for the ‘sh*t show’...  

this is where the newspapers come in.... 

They know drug development as well as they know flying airplanes and why they fall out of the sky every week on a news production schedule...  :)

Who knows drug distribution better than the drug companies already?

I’m sure there are many military guys here that have tremendous skills of all levels regarding getting drugs into the field where patients are...   

How about the hospitals, pharmacies, refrigerator builders, and instrumentation guys...

How about those football stadium owners organizing traffic flow through the parking lot...

Essentially everyone is needed...

Everyone does their jobs... and the one next to them..

USAToday will stop printing stories about the pandemic as soon as you lose interest...

Commercialization of a new drug takes a ton of work...

Like flying a new plane, on a new route, with a new crew...  not a single KEY step gets skipped... there are back-ups to the back-ups...

You should see how many signatures on every step of the way get executed... completely traceable from start to finish...

today, signatures are electronic, easily executed on a portable device... all the petty home-work that used to take forever...where a dozen people would be in the same room reading and signing... can now be done from anywhere... including anyplace you need to be to get it done... while babysitting something else...

Lots of hurry up and wait time is going away...

I guess if I were a Boeing 737 pilot... I would have complete distrust for these systems too...

Leadership starts from the top, and works its way down through the ranks...

In this case... I’d go with Pfizer...

The Moderna guys forgot that selling stock out of their personal accounts during the development phase would have tremendous bad image associated with that...  it was an ordinary pre-planned retirement account event... but looked very much like they didn’t believe in their own product...  (love the newspaper story guys...)

PP thoughts only, fully retired... not selling anything... still wondering why two 737s had to fall out of the sky...

Best regards,

-a-

On 2/1/2021 at 10:15 PM, carusoam said:

The FDA independently approves the whole show... as the EMEA does for Europe. 

Are COVID-19 vaccines fully approved by the FDA for use?

Vaccines for COVID-19 will start out being used under an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) by the FDA. An EUA makes the vaccine available for public health emergencies. It means that the vaccine is available outside of a research study but is not yet approved. This is the usual first step for a new vaccine. The vaccine can continue to be used as long as people benefit from it. The research continues as it moves toward full approval.

Why this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/16/covid-vaccine-side-effects-compensation-lawsuit.html