Who's Done Any Tank Work in AZ, NV, UT or (if I have to) CA (also annual?)

cliffy

47 minutes ago, cliffy said:

The weather might be a big issue there in March

And possibly not.  

Regardless, I highly recommend this shop and Greg’s professional service.  

A small shop with top quality attention to each individual customer.  His reputation precedes my recommendation.  

I give the highest marks.

Incidentally, I have no affiliation with Greg or his shop, other than having had exemplary fuel tank service several times, including patches on my Ovation and complete strip and reseal on an E model.

I also experienced some parts dealings via Greg, again finding him high on the fair and integrity list.

A stones through from PDX.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Although Oregon was not on your list of states, Greg at Advanced Aircraft is a solid choice. He does one tank reseal a month so call and get yourself a slot.  He may recommend that you only need a patch instead of a full tank reseal.

And yes, @cliffy is correct. Weather in Feb is not the greatest in the Pacific Northwest. Watch out for IFR conditions with low temps (icing).

Fly over to the coast and then up along I5.  You can generally stay low enough to get in vfr or light ifr and you’ll be below any ice.  Mostly.  If you try going through the Columbia gorge, the minimum ifr altitude is 8-9k.  I canceled a trip through there last june 15 for icing.

Only want a small patch on one tank.

Used to fly into PDX in Boeings all the time and in fact I flew from  KVNY to SEA in my C-140 in one day (9+46) when I was 19. Stayed low leaving all the way to Calif to stay under the cloud deck. 

Have new self imposed limitation of no IFR anymore. Just don't want to do it. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

My Father just started working again here at Colorado City, AZ (AZC) and he is doing a Mooney reseal right now on another Mooney M20 D/C that's been sitting here for a while.  He will be starting again full shop.

Thats about 30 miles east of you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luddd said:

My Father just started working again here at Colorado City, AZ (AZC) and he is doing a Mooney reseal right now on another Mooney M20 D/C that's been sitting here for a while.  He will be starting again full shop.

Thats about 30 miles east of you.

Can you PM me contact info?   I have some patches might need to be done soon.