Mite Annual

Culver LFA

2 hours ago, 201Steve said:

What’s with all the tear down for an annual? Empennage, engine?

It's really a beautiful little airplane, probably one of the nicest Mites flying.

The tail is off because we found excessive play in the pivots (we found the pivot bolts that were installed are too short, the bolt threads are resting on pivot bracket rather than the shank of the bolt). 

The engine came off so we can install the new starter and alternator.  While it's off we will replace fuel hoses, touch up the paint on the firewall and mount, touch up the paint on the engine, etc, etc, etc.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Culver LFA said:

It's really a beautiful little airplane, probably one of the nicest Mites flying.

The tail is off because we found excessive play in the pivots (we found the pivot bolts that were installed are too short, the bolt threads are resting on pivot bracket rather than the shank of the bolt). 

The engine came off so we can install the new starter and alternator.  While it's off we will replace fuel hoses, touch up the paint on the firewall and mount, touch up the paint on the engine, etc, etc, etc.

Sweet, where is this one based

Hello all and thanks for allowing me to join your group.  I'm the owner of the subject Mite above and will be setting up a GoFund me account to pay for this annual!!  We decided to go all out on this annual-it was time.  Going with the SkyTech lightweight starter and alternator, cleaning up the engine and cowling area, etc., etc.  This has been a wonderful plane and probably my favorite to fly compared to everything else I fly.  I have another Mite in beginning stages of restoration-my first project.  I have a hangar at PeachState and it's the perfect place to be for antique airplane knowledge.  There is a deep data base of knowledge there and around the area, and all really want to help.

• Like 2

Here's the twin brother on Barnstormers:

1952 MOONEY MITE • $24,500 • SALE FELL THROUGH • Museum quality, TTA&E814hrs TSMO214, inflt adj prop, starter, generator, aux tank, canopy cover, padded collapsible saw horses for retract test. Health issues forces sale of my prize. • Contact Vincent Grasso , Owner - located Palm Bay, FL United States  Telephone: 386-679-9487 • Posted February 2, 2021 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Images

thumbnail_image_1620236_1_1608323046.jpeg?3084 thumbnail_image_1620236_2_1608323048.jpeg?7599 thumbnail_image_1620236_3_1608323050.jpeg?293 thumbnail_image_1620236_4_1608323053.jpeg?9085 thumbnail_image_1620236_5_1608323051.jpeg?7892
  • Like 3